¹⁶, TERMITE TACTICS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 . . . 𝘛𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘴
❝ Hold your horses, he asked to meet me, not for my hand in marriage.

  CHARLIE SAT IDLY by as Rory decided to tell their grandmother all about the Crap Shack's problems. Neither she nor Lorelai was exactly enjoying it, Charlie had a plan to ask her grandmother about the Huntzbergers but now it was all down the toilet.

  "We found out we have all these foundation problems and it's gonna be very expensive to fix and Mom can't get a loan."

  "That is not true," Lorelai denied.

  "You've been turned down by five banks."

  "Hey, I made up 'Jacko's Loans and Stuff'."

  "Fine, four banks."

  Emily made brief eye contact with Charlie, who was sipping her soda. The teen shrugged discreetly as if saying 'I am not a part of this'. Emily fought a smile, standing and marching right out of the room.

  "Mom, d'oh. Wait. What are you doing?" Lorelai followed the woman, allowing Charlie to freely glare at Rory.

  "I'm writing you a check."

  "No, you're not. Okay, hold on here."

  "You're gonna burn a hole through my head," Rory whispered to Charlie.

  "Mmm, I'll apologize to Dean."

  "Why?"

  "Because he'll have a weird-lookin' girlfriend."

  "I appreciate the thought, but I don't need your money." Lorelai came walking back into the sitting room with the twins, Emily following.

  "So you'd rather have your house fall down than let your mother help you?"

  Charlie elected to zone out after that, Emily was taking it rather personally that Lorelai wouldn't accept the check, and Rory was no receiving a ten times worse glare from her mother.

  Dinner was long and painful, oddly enough they'd begun to be a thing Charlie quite enjoyed. But tonight, the girl was sat in a big tense mess. After the meal, both Rory and Lorelai were quick to escape but Charlie was called back.

  "Charlie?" The teen turned to her grandmother, "When are you planning on staying?"

  "Oh, I was thinking I'd come on Christmas Eve and stay through New Years'. If that's alright."

  "That's perfect," Emily smiled.

  "And, Grandma, you know the check thing isn't something personal right?" The smile melted right off Emily's face, "It's just pride. Guess it's a Gilmore thing."