2. Anxious

anxious
['aNG(k)SHes]
noun
experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome

After finishing getting ready, Tyler and Jenna got in the car together to get to school. The boy was feeling uneasy and it felt a bit anxious.

It was his first day of high school and he just couldn't help but think about any mistakes he could make. Not only that, he wanted to impress Jenna, like if he would impress his own dead mother.

Jenna kept a close eye on her finger; which she wrapped with a bandaid in hopes of the bleeding to stop, which it did, but she needed to know for sure.

"Are you going to be okay?" The boy asked.

"Of course Tyler." She said. "It was just a finger prick, I'll be okay."

Tyler sighed. He looked at the window and started pondering. Jenna even noticed herself.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just, anxious."

"Why should you be?"

"It's my first day of high school Jenna." He said. "I don't if I'm gonna meet good or bad people, or some in between."

Jenna placed her hand on the boy's shoulder.

"I know how you feel. I was feeling the same way when I started high school. Later on, it felt like the big bad wolf came and blew my fears away, then I knew it was all not worth worrying about. So you see, you'll be okay."

"Will it really?"

Jenna smiled.

"Of course sweetie."

She lightly kissed him on the forehead.

"Now, lets go ahead and get going. You don't wanna be late."

Jenna drove away from the driveway and started making her way to the school.

Though Tyler was glad he got advice from her, it still didn't seem to give him the courage he needed for his first day of school.

For the remainder of time he had until he got to school, he sat there; hoping the big bad wolf would come and blow his fears away.

But it didn't.