28. Divulgence

divulgence
[de'veljens, dī'veljens]
noun
the action of revealing private or sensitive information

After what happened, the school medics checked Tyler to see if the poison did any affect on him, he came out perfectly fine.

People were really surprised that Josh's kiss awoke Tyler. They didn't believe that true love's kiss could save him, but it did.

Once Tyler was checked, Josh came back to his side; keeping him as close as possible, but Tyler was eager to find out the truth behind his attempted poisoning.

Josh saw his look but he couldn't make out why he was doing it. He became even more concerned when he stood up very quickly.

"What's wrong love?" He asked.

"We have to find Debby." Tyler replied.

"Forget her." Josh said. "She'll pay for what she did to you."

"No, I need to know why."

"Let me come with you."

Me too!" Mark cried; standing next to Josh.

Brendon and Sarah joined in; holding hands.

"We're coming too."

Tyler looked at all of them.

"Guys, this is a big risk."

"And we're willing to take it."

Josh placed his hand on Tyler's shoulder.

"For you."

Tyler was scared for his friends and the one he loved, but he knew how much they cared for him and how they protected him. So he agreed.

"Okay Josh."

They embraced each other.

"Let's go."

Together, they left the school to find Debby. Since Josh knew where she'd go, he predicted she'd be at her house, so they made their way there.

When they arrived, Tyler started walking up to the front door. Josh wanted to come with him.

"Are you sure you can do this?" He asked.

"I ain't afraid of her." Tyler said.

"Let me come with you."

"I'll be ok, I promise."

Josh stepped away; nodding. He allowed his love to continue going his way.

When Tyler walked in, he saw Debby looking out through the window of her home, holding the mirror in her hand.

"I know why you've come." She said.

She turned to him.

"You've come to stop me."

Tyler stepped forward.

"Why?"

Debby walked towards him.

"It was always you. Ever since you came here, you've taken everything from me."

"I don't understand." The boy said. "I would never try to steal anything from you."

"But you did. You're beauty and gentleness is what took it. I was the one who deserved it, not you. But when I learned you became the loveliest in the land, I knew I had to destroy everything you cared about."

Tyler felt something hit him, a memory. A memory of when he lost the only person who loved him.

"Jenna. You killed her."

Debby scoffed.

"Yes, I did kill her, but it wasn't enough."

"What do you mean it wasn't enough?! She was my mother! My real mother died bringing me into the world, and you took her from me!"

"I thought it was ruin you, but when I learned that you're loveliness survived, I decided that the only way to earn it back was to destroy you."

Tears came down Tyler's cheeks.

"You killed my mother, and you tried to kill me. You're a hateful woman."

"And I'm proud of it."

Tyler felt hate, emotional and physical hate. He wanted revenge for Jenna's death, but he didn't want to kill Debby.

Instead, he picked up Debby's mirror and held it up into the air.

"What are you doing?!" She cried.

"I'm not going to kill you, but I will kill this for what it's done to Josh, my mother, and me."

"No Tyler you can't!"

Tyler smashed the mirror onto the floor. Debby screamed and fell down; grabbing the pieces of glass and jamming it into her hands. She sobbed as the glass spilled everywhere. She had lost everything she had forever.

Without doing anything else, Tyler fled the house with Josh and his friends.

From that moment on, Debby no longer had any power to do any harm to anyone and she was never seen again. And Tyler and Josh lived together for the rest of their lives in happiness forever.

THE END