19. Villainous

villainous
['vilenes]
adjective
relating to, constituting, or guilty of wicked or criminal behavior

Starting the very next day, things have changed. Josh was no longer with Debby. He pledged his entire life to Tyler.

This only made Debby even more enraged.

Each time she looked into her mirror, the answer would always remain the same.

Tyler Joseph is the loveliest of all.

From that moment on, Debby hated Tyler even more. Each time she looked at him, her heart trembled with anger and fear. She even couldn't have any peace day or night.

She needed to make a plan. A plan to destroy Tyler's reputation and get Josh back for herself forever.

And it's going to be lethal.

After school, Debby watched as Tyler and Josh walked down the steps; exiting the school. Once they got down there, she fled immediately.

Tyler turned his head to see her flee, though he didn't know it was Debby.

"Did you see that girl run so quickly?" He asked.

Josh turned his head.

"No, why?"

"I don't know. Maybe it was just the wind."

"Or maybe you're just daydreaming."

Tyler chuckled.

"Maybe you're right."

He touched his nose and laughed even harder. Josh side hugged.

"I love you so much Tyler."

"I love you too."

As they got to the parking lot, Tyler noticed that Jenna's car was not there. This made him a bit worried.

"What's wrong?" Josh asked.

"My stepmother's car isn't here." Tyler replied. "She usually picks me up after school everyday. I wonder why she isn't here."

"I can take you home."

"Oh Josh-"

"Really, I don't mind."

Tyler hugged him again.

"Oh Josh, you're too kind."

"I just want to help the boy I love."

He kissed him on the forehead. Then, they got into Josh's car and drove to Tyler's house.

They arrived a few minutes ahead of the usual time.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Josh asked.

"No it's okay." Tyler replied. "I can make it through on my own."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course."

Josh smiled.

"Okay."

They bid their farewells and went on their separate ways.

Tyler usually would knock on the door if he arrived on his own, but somehow, the door was unlocked.

"That's odd. Jenna would never leave the door unlocked."

When he walked in, everything in the house as clean as it should be. Still, that didn't explain why the door was unlocked. And everything was so quiet.

"Jenna?" He called. "Jenna I'm home."

There was no reply, even if he tried twice. Something made the boy even more suspicious than before.

"Maybe she's upstairs."

With a heavy heart, Tyler slowly made his way upstairs. He guessed that Jenna was in her room sleeping, but when he walked in, he was shocked.

Jenna was laying on the floor in a pool of blood. Bruises covered her face, and her throat was cut.

"Jenna!"

Tyler ran to her side and held her in his arms.

"Jenna, are you okay?! Can you hear me?!"

Nothing he could say or do would revive her.

The boy sobbed onto his stepmother's body; hugging her close to his chest.

He then realized that he couldn't stay with her, nor can he live with at home with her.

He abandoned Jenna's body and left his home forever.