9. Envy

envy
['envē]
noun
a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck

Josh and Debby arrived at Josh's house. It was unknown to them or Tyler that they lived close to each other.

As Josh parked; Debby noticed that he wasn't acting excited or aroused. It bothered her horribly.

"Josh, what's wrong?"

"N-Nothing."

She leaned in towards him.

"Are you thinking about someone?"

"N-No. I would never-"

"Don't lie to me Josh!" Debby shouted. "I know you like to think about other girls!"

Josh wrapped his arm around her.

"Debby, it's alright. You don't have to worry about anything."

"Yeah right."

Josh opened the door.

"Come on, let's get inside."

Debby was calm, but she still didn't believe Josh was telling the truth. She knew he was thinking about someone.

Once they got inside and settled down, Debby took out her mirror. Josh saw it once he sat down next to her on the couch.

"Do you want me to?" He asked.

"Yes, Josh." Debby replied.

Josh scoffed.

"Fine."

Debby looked into the mirror.

"Dear sweet mirror, answer my call, who's the loveliest girl of all?"

She handed the mirror to Josh.

"Debby Ryan, you are the loveliest girl of all."

When she heard his response, she seemed to not be satisfied.

"Are you sure?"

"The mirror doesn't lie." Josh said.

Debby smiled.

"Okay."

She hugged him.

"I believe you."

Josh smiled slightly; yet he was very uncomfortable. He never really enjoyed Debby. She was always envious of everyone he talked to.

The only thing that would keep her happy is when she asked the mirror if she was the loveliest of all, and the answer would remain be the same.

But sometimes, it can be different.