13. Motherly

motherly
['meTHerlē]
adjective
of, resembling, or characteristic of a mother, especially in being caring, protective, and kind

Tyler sat in his room; exhausted from a hard day at school. He was really happy to finally relax for the day and prep for the ball.

He laid on his bed with one of Jenna's embroidered blankets wrapped around his shoulders.

He was looking through a school dance catalog while having a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows and whipped cream, which was what Jenna made him.

Ever since Tyler's mother died, Jenna cared for him like he was her own. She did everything to make sure Tyler had everything he ever wanted. She loved him very much.

While Tyler was looking, Jenna walked in with his laundry basket.

"I brought some clean clothes."

Tyler smiled.

"Thanks Jenna, but you didn't have to do that."

"I just wanna make sure you're relaxed. Those tests must of been hard."

"They were." Tyler said. "But I made sure to study for them."

Jenna smiled.

"Good."

She sat down on the edge of Tyler's bed.

"Have you managed to find something?"

"Still looking." Tyler said. "I see so many cute things, but I don't know what would look good."

"You look would good in anything." Jenna said. "You're mother would agree with me."

"Would she?"

"Yes definitely."

Tyler looked back into his catalog.

"Actually, there is one thing I like, but I don't know if it would be appropriate."

He flipped to the back page and showed Jenna what he liked.

"It's basically a black suit with a bow tie." He said as he showed her. "I hope it's not too dark, because I know it makes your worry about me if I were to wear it."

"No honey." She said. "I think it's perfect."

Tyler looked at Jenna.

"Really?"

"Of course. And I think I can get something like that for you."

Tyler jumped up into Jenna's shoulders; hugging her.

"This means the world to me." He said. "I can't thank you enough Jenna."

"I always wanna make my stepson happy."

Tyler smiled; kissing Jenna on the cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

Note: I wrote the first half of this in the bathtub, then the rest on my back porch. So yeah :)