14. Exquisite

exquisite
[ek'skwizet, 'ek,skwizet]
adjective
extremely beautiful and, typically, delicate

The next day, when Tyler got home from school, he walked into his room; only to find Jenna holding his black suit and bow tie in her hands.

"Cinderella, you shall go to the ball."

Tyler ran into Jenna's arms.

"You're the best!"

"I try to be sweetie."

Tyler held the black suit in the air; observing it's look. It matched what he told Jenna he liked.

"I'm so happy right now." He said. "I can't even express how thankful I am."

"This is all for you Tyler." Jenna said. "I want you to look exquisite at the ball tonight."

"I will Jenna. I will."

Through the entire afternoon, Tyler got himself prepared for the ball. Once he was dressed, he went downstairs to reveal his look to Jenna.

"How do I look?" He asked.

Jenna couldn't believe her eyes. She wrapped her arms around him; softly crying happy tears.

"You look gorgeous."

"Do I really?"

"Of course my little one." She said. "I knew you would look exquisite."

"Thanks Jenna."

After she grabbed her keys and jacket, she and Tyler got into the car and made their way to the high school.

"Do you know what time it starts?" Jenna asked.

"7:00."

"My goodness, you're a few minutes behind!"

"That's okay Jenna, I'm glad I didn't go on time."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I know that everyone's gonna look upon me when I get there."

"Why didn't you get a ride?"

"I told him I could handle it."

Jenna smiled and giggled.

"You're great."

A few minutes later, they arrived at the high school. Tyler was nervous but excited at the same time.

"You go have a good time." She said. "And be yourself. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Do I need to be home at a certain time?"

Jenna placed her hand on top of Tyler's hand.

"Take all the time you need, but please be sure to check in with me when you have the chance."

"I will."

Jenna kissed him on the forehead before he got of the car and headed into the high school.