6. Timorous

timorous
['tim(e)res]
adjective
showing or suffering from nervousness, fear, or a lack of confidence

Tyler heard footsteps approaching his way. They were big and mighty and loud as a giant. When the boy looked behind him, he saw Josh.

Tyler started to panic. He didn't know what to do or how to respond. Because of all the anxiety, it caused him to fall down and drop his books.

Josh noticed it and came over to his side. He patted his back; rubbing it down gently.

Tyler looked and saw him more closely. He looked so beautiful. Even more beautiful than him.

"Are you feeling alright?" Josh asked. "I've never seen someone feel so weak before."

"You are right." Tyler said. "I am weak."

"You should say that about yourself. It'll make you think that way in the future. Besides, you don't look weak to me, you look heavenly."

Tyler smiled.

"Well, t-thank y-you."

Josh helped the boy to his feet and handed him his books.

"I hope this helped you out."

"It did." Tyler said. "I really appreciate it."

"If you need any help, feel free to come ask me."

He held out his hand.

"I'm Josh by the way."

The boy shook his hand.

"Tyler Joseph."

"You're new here right?"

"Yes, I'm a freshman. And it's also my first year in a real school. I've been homeschooled all my life, but I've made some friends along the way."

"That's good."

Another bell rang.

"I should head to class. You're more than welcome to sit with me at lunch if you'd like."

"I-I don't know." Tyler said. "I think I might sit with my friends for right now."

Josh smiled.

"That's fine. When you're ready, a seat will be saved for you anytime."

The boy watched as Josh walked away. He looked so beautiful and adorable. He just couldn't take his eyes off him.

Suddenly, Mark came out.

"Yo! The teacher is looking for you!"

"I-I'm sorry-"

Mark tucked on his shirt; pulling him across the hallway.

"Don't be so lazy. You could've met Josh a different time."

The two boys made their way to class; still arguing along the way.

But Tyler couldn't stop thinking about Josh.