26. Comatose

comatose
['kōme,tōs, 'käme,tōs]
adjective
of or in a state of deep unconsciousness for a prolonged or indefinite period, especially as a result of severe injury or illness

Josh said stepped in front of the mirror after he finished using the restroom. He looked into his own reflection, seeing his own inner self.

But that all changed into a different figure. A figure of his ex girlfriend, Debby, giving something to Tyler, in the form of a poisoned apple.

"Take a bite."

"Just one?"

"Just one."

Tyler closed his eyes and brought the apple to his lips, preparing to take a bite.

"TYLER NO!"

Josh ran out into the cafeteria, only to watch as the boy took a bite out of the poisoned apple.

Not long after he had taken a bite, the poison started to take effect and Tyler lost consciousness and collapsed, only to fall into Josh's arms.

Josh held the boy towards him; sobbing as he laid lifeless in his arms. The sound of his crying caused everyone to surround him, even Tyler's friends. They were shocked. All of them were shocked.

Everyone started crying with Josh, even teachers came and mourned as well. Tyler's life was over, he was dead, and nothing could bring him back.

Josh's crying and tears couldn't revive him, but that was all he could do. He had lost Tyler forever.

Debby watched and smiled evilly, then she walked away and hid behind a wall and pulled out her mirror.

"Dear sweet mirror, answer my call, now who's the loveliest of all?"

Finally, she got the answer she wanted.

Debby Ryan, you are the loveliest of all.

When the mirror said this, her entire body turned back into it's normal color. Her envious heart was at rest, just as much rest as an envious heart could have.

Debby got up and exited the school while still holding the mirror in her hand.

Josh, Tyler's friends, and all the students and teacher continued to grieve over Tyler's death. Brendon, however, was very suspicious over what actually caused Tyler to die.

"How did this happen?" He asked.

Josh eyed the poisoned apple that was in Tyler's hand. Brendon picked it up and looked at it, seeing the bite taken out of it.

"Tyler was poisoned when he took a bite." He said.

"Yeah." Josh said. "And now he's gone, and I couldn't save him."

Sarah kneeled next to him.

"There is a way you can still save him." Sarah said.

"How?"

Sarah whispered into his ear.

"True love's kiss."