11. Aesthetic

aesthetic
[es'THedik]
adjective
concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty

The bell rang. Everyone started making their way to their classes. Tyler turned around; knowing he would be late if he went the wrong direction.

As he walked, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around; only to see Josh.

"Hey."

Tyler chuckled.

"Jeez Josh, you didn't have to do that."

"Just messing around. I can't even recognize you. You look, different."

"I know." Tyler replied. "Just thought I'd go with something new."

"What I should say is, you look aesthetically beautiful."

Tyler smiled.

"Thank you Josh."

Tyler and Josh continued to chat as they walked down the hallway. Debby was nearby; watching them from behind the lockers.

"Aesthetic huh." She said. "Well, I don't like the sound of that."

She took out her mirror.

"Dear sweet mirror, answer my call, who's the loveliest girl of all?"

After she said it, Debby noticed there was no response, until she saw words appear; though no one else could see.

Debby Ryan, you are not the loveliest girl of all.

"What!" She screeched. "I'm not the loveliest girl of all?!"

Yes.

"Then who is it?"

You'll have to find out yourself.

Debby dropped her mirror to the floor; shocked at what she found out. What made her even more furious was that she didn't know who it was that took her place.

She didn't have any other option. She couldn't stand to lose her aesthetics in her life and reputation.

She needed to find out who was the loveliest of all.