4. Mysterious

mysterious
[me'stirēes]
adjective
difficult to understand, explain, or identify

Tyler started to make his way up the stairs to the entrance of the high school. While walking, he caught a much bigger glimpse of the kids surrounding him. All of whom looked like colorful figures and mythical creatures.

It seemed abnormal to him, but he had to remember what Jenna told him.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by loud noises of kids running through the halls and chatting with their friends. It was like he hadn't heard them in months prior to leaving for summer vacation.

Tyler knew his friends were probably looking for him. He never planned on meeting with him, but he knew they wanted to see him.

Before he could go find them, he heard someone call his name.

"Tyler!"

He turned to see his best friends Brendon and Mark, along with Brendon's longtime girlfriend Sarah.

Brendon pulled Tyler into his arms.

"How are you doing buddy?"

"I'm great!" Tyler said. "I missed you guys."

"I wish we would hung out over the summer." Mark said. "But I had to go work on producing for Panic!"

"It was pretty fun." Brendon added.

"I really did like Pray For The Wicked." Tyler said. "I'm trying to learn Dying In LA on the piano."

Brendon patted his back.

"Hey man, I can totally teach you."

"No need." Tyler said. "I know some of it."

"That's good. But if you ever need some help, just give me a call."

"Of course."

As his continued to talk about their summer break, Tyler laid his eyes on something else. something that he's never seen before.

Something mysterious.