Our meet

Credit to kassey1265 for her prompt book that I got this idea from :) This will be a multiple parted series.

Warnings: Feelings of not liking life, being neglected
————————————————————————

Dan's POV

If you were to ask me to describe my life, it would go something like this.

"Awful, stupid, not worth living, pointless, depressing,-"

You get the point. Even though I was a 18 year old guy with a "full life" ahead of me, I was so desperately alone. Any friends I have managed to grab hardly ever wanted to hang out with me because of my introverted habits. And even though I wanted to beg and cry out to them, "Please don't leave me! I'm so lonely!" as they walked away after I denied going out with them, I was too awkward and insecure to say that. So they just left. And I pretended to be indifferent about it. They thought I was happy being alone all those hours, when really I was on the floor trying to stop the tears flowing down my cheeks. They didn't know that I stuffed my blanket in my mouth to muffle the sobs. They didn't know how broken and hurting I was.

But my sad life was flipped over when I met Phil Lester.

About an hour ago.

It had been a day like any other. I was in my room, baggy eyes focused on the TV in front of me. I got a text from one of my closest friends, and flatmate, PJ.

Pj: Hey mate, wanna go out this evening?

Dan: You know I hate socializing. And we live together, why didn't you just come and ask me in person

Pj: Because I'm lazy, you should know this by now. And it's good to go out every once in awhile. Even if you don't join in, getting out of that room and eyes off the screen is good for you.

Dan: I dunno Pj..

Pj: Please, Dan? I promise that if you go I won't bother you to go out for another month.

Dan: ...

Pj: And I'll buy you lunch for a week.

Dan: Deal.

Pj: 🎉 We leave at 6.

And so, dreading every minute that passed and anxiety bubbling uncomfortably in my stomach, I waited and prepared myself for what was undoubtedly going to be the worst day of the month.

~Time skip to 6pm~

"-can't believe you talked me into this." I grumbled, buckling myself into PJ's car.

Pj grinned and sped down the road. "C'mon Dan, they're just people. You're a people!"

"I'm a different people. They like socializing, I'd rather socialize with myself in my room with my game."

"Are you implying you talk to yourself while you play video games?" Pj replied, glancing over at me with a humored expression on his face.

I huffed and looked out the window. "Whatever. I'm still sticking this with the title of 'worst day of the whole month'."

"At least it isn't 5 days of the month like it is for girls" Pj quipped, laughing again.