Energumen

Requested by @crystalclearstar

AU

Warnings: Self harm, (but not for the normal reasons), detailed description of blood

Word count: 7,257
————————————————————————

Phil takes another chug of his Diet Coke before angrily slamming it down onto the table.

"This is ridiculous. You guys definitely worked together to sabotage me," Phil mutters, staring at the monopoly board in front of him. He had just landed on the most expensive property on the board. It was, of course, owned by his friend Lance.

"Pay up, man," Lance grins, rubbing his fingers together.

"I quit, you guys can keep playing, but I'm out," Phil says, sliding off the couch onto the floor.

"Woohoo!" Cheers -another friend-Gabriel, throwing his money in the air in celebration. "That means I automatically win, since I have the most money and property."

"You wouldn't have won if I hadn't gotten that stupid card," Grumbles Lance.

"But you did," says Gabriel, drawing out the word with a grin. He waggles his finger in front of Lance's face. Lance pretends to bite his finger.

"Now what?" Phil asks, absentmindedly throwing his character across the board.

"We should play another game!" Says Gabriel, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"No more board games!" Exclaims Lance, glaring at Gabriel. "I'm sick of them. 3 rounds of go fish, 2 of banana grams, and one monopoly is enough for me."

"I guess you could say you're bored of board games," Phil grins, finger gunning at Lance. Two groans are heard from his friends and Phil giggles. "Yeah but seriously, no more board games."

"Okay, okay, I get it. How about.." Gabriel pretends to think purely for the sake of dramatic effect. "Truth or dare."

"Gabriel we aren't teenage girls," Lance says, swatting his arm.

"Oh c'mon! Truth or dare is an all age inclusive game," Gabriel retorts. "You don't have to ask who we have crushes on or dare us to order a pizza from the next door neighbors," he says, listing the stereotypical truth or dare questions.

"I'm in," Phil says with a shrug. Truth be told he was bored out of his mind, so he didn't care what they were doing as long as they did something.

"Oh alright I'll play too," Lance huffs and leans back into the couch, but Phil sees a waver of a grin on his lips.

"Since this was my idea, I'll go first," Gabriel says. "Phil, truth or dare."

"Truth," Phil immediately says. He always did truth first, that way whatever dare the other person wanted him to do would hopefully get passed to someone else.

"What's your most embarrassing moment that happened recently?" Gabriel asks, grinning.

Phil thinks for a second. Then he suddenly remembers something and cringes, burying his face in his hands.

"I'd take it you thought of something?" Lance says, humor in his tone.

"I'm not saying it," Phil says into his hands.

"Nope, you already said truth! Out with it!" Lance says, grinning even wider.

Phil sighs, sits up, and glares at him. "I hate you."