Failed to Send

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Dan asks Phil as he gets his coat on, looking at his boyfriend sat on the couch. "It's just gonna be Chris and Pj there to hang out."

"Yeah I know," Phil says, concentrating on something on his laptop. "I'm just trying to do some work cleaning up. I have a ton of emails."

"Alright," Dan says sadly, "if you're sure."

Phil looks up at his sad voice. His expression softens. "Aw it's okay Bear, I'll be okay." He reaches a arm out, a gesture inviting Dan to his side. Dan profs over, trying to stifle a grin. He goes and kneels next to Phil. He gives Phil a side hug before kissing him on the lips. He feels Phil's mouth curl up in a small smile.

"I'll be back soon," Dan says, leaning his head against Phil's forehead.

Phil smiles wide. "Have fun, don't worry about me."

~Time Skip~

"Yeah I don't know, the ending was kinda cheesy," Chris says, stuffing his face with leftover popcorn. The end credits were rolling on the movie they had watched.

Pj looks thoughtfully at the screen. "I think it had a deeper meaning than what you two could ever comprehend."

"Are you calling us stupid?" Chris asks, looking over at Pj.

"Well I'm certainly not calling you smart," Pj says, throwing a stray popcorn kernel at Chris.

Dan rolls his eyes as Chris tackles Pj and starts rolling all over the floor with him. He takes his phone out of his back pocket, checking to see if Phil ever texted him back. Usually he does quickly, but he hasn't yet.

Phil: What are you guys doing?

Failed to send Dan: We're watching a movie

Dan: We're done

Read 19:23 Dan: It's over

"Uh oh," Dan says, realizing what Phil was probably thinking. He checks the time on his phone.

19:31

"Shhhhhhh-" Dan sprays, getting up and walking around the heap of Pj and Chris, now looking up at him. Pj's arm is in a vice grip around Chris' neck and Chris is about to bite his arm.

"What's up?" Chris asks, voice muffled by Pj's arm. Pj yanks his arm out of his mouth, looked grossed out.

"I think Phil thinks I'm breaking up with him," he says, almost putting his coat on inside out in his haste.

"Woah, how?" Pj asks, wiping his arm on Chris' shirt. They still hadn't bothered to untangle and get off the floor, making Dan trip over them to collect his stuff.

"Your WiFi sucks, that's how," Dan says, taking time to throw a pillow down at the pile of Chris and Pj. Chris rolls of Pj enough to throw the pillow back at him. He elbows Pj in the process, who retaliates by kicking Chris in the side. A new brawl starts up, filled with grunts and death threats.

Dan shakes his head and calls behind him, "don't have too much fun now," but he doesn't think it's heard over Chris' obnoxious screaming.

Or so he thinks.

~Time Skip(Wow lazy Abby)~

Dan bursts through the door of their flat, slightly breathless from his mad run. "Phil?" He calls through the flat, frantically looking everywhere. Not in the lounge, not in the bathroom, not in the kitchen, not in his bedroom..

Gaming room.

Dan nearly trips down the stairs as he runs down them, only to find that the gaming room door is closed. Dan halts at the door, putting his ear up to it. He gets his breathing under control. There's faint sniffles, unmistakably Phil's in their soft, weak nature.

Without wasting anymore time, he opens the door slowly, a loud creak announcing his entrance. Phil's head whips over to him, eyes wide and teary. His breaths come in and out of his open mouth in quick breaths, obviously trying to conceal sobs wanting to burst forth. His wide eyes, usually so full of life, look sad, like all the love has been brutally squeezed out and stomped on.

Dan feels his heart implode, knowing he had been the one to cause this. He was reason his Phil was sat on the couch, clutching one of their pillows to his chest and bravely trying not to cry.

Dan rushes forward, Phil watching him apprehensively the whole way. "Phil Phil, lion please don't be sad," he says quickly, sitting next to Phil and holding his face like it was the thinnest piece of glass. "I'm not actually breaking up with you, one of my messages didn't send so it just looked that way, I- Please Love, I love you." He says, leaving tender kisses all over Phil's face.

Phil grabs Dan's wrist, still holding his face. "You-you mean it?" He asks, a bit of hope blooming back into his tear-shining eyes.

"Of course I do," Dan says, holding Phil close to him. He runs his fingers through Phil's hair, something he knew calmed his boyfriend. Phil grabs the material of Dan's shirt, never wanting to let go. He had felt the feeling of a life without Dan, he never wanted to experience that again.

As if reading his thoughts, Dan murmurs, "I'll always be yours."