Of Bracelets and Love

Requested by CrystalClearStar

Warnings: Well there's physical hitting and stuff, but it's not like your usual abuse type. You'll see

Word count: 3,328
————————————————————————

"-personally think that brussel sprouts should be removed from our food pyramid," Phil says as him and Dan walk down the sidewalk. Their conjoined hands swing happily between them.

"Well Phil, you pave the way and I'm sure people will show up to back you up," Dan says chuckling.

"I will," Phil grins. He turns his head to look in the shops as they pass by them. It was their out day, their couple day, you could call it. Not a date per say, just a day for them to hang out.

As they are stood waiting to cross the road, Phil feels a tug on his sleeve. He turns around to see a small, old lady smiling up at him.

"Excuse me young man," she says, a kind expression on his face. "I couldn't help but notice you and your lover here are just so cute!"

Phil beams down at her. "Thank you!" He gives Dan's hand a squeeze.

"It's a very strange habit, but I keep some bracelets on me in case I run into cute couples," the lady says, digging around in her small hand purse. She pulls out two identical bracelets. They were both small, leather bracelets. "Now I quite understand if this is uncomfortable for you," the woman says with a chuckle, "but I would be honored if you two would take them. You can just wear them once and then put them away, I won't be offended," she says, a twinkle in her eyes.

Phil thought this was rather strange, but it was Dan, surprisingly, who smiled warmly and took them from her. "Aw thank you!" He slipped one onto his wrist. "Do you have many of these that you give out to people?"

"Oh yes," the woman says, nodding slowly. "Yes, I go through quite a lot on a daily basis."

"Well I think it's a very nice thing to do," Dan says with one of his rather rare toothy smiles.

The woman nods appreciatively, turns around, and hobbles away. Dan turns back to Phil. "She was a rather quirky cookie," he says with a chuckle.

"Yeah," Phil says with a chuckle. "She seemed very nice though."

Dan nods in agreement. The light finally turns and they're able to cross the road. They had an objective in mind, and it was to walk through the woods nearby. Dan usually didn't like woods, but the sun was well up in the sky. No chance of it getting dark anytime soon. The weather wasn't too miserably cold either. It was overall a perfect day.

Once they get to the woods, they walk on a leafy path carved from many other people walking on it. A comfortable silence surrounds them. It was peacefully quiet, the only sound was the occasional bird and the crunch of leaves.

Then, "'biting down' on something should be called 'biting up' on something because you don't move your top jaw."

Dan busts out laughing. "Can't keep quiet for long without exploring the questions of the universe, can you Phil?"

The conversation hits off from there, barley a pause. Once they started talking, they couldn't stop. There were too many things to talk about, and they never ran out.

After a good 30 minutes into the walk, Phil seems to not be enjoying the conversation as much. Dan asks him about this.

"Oh it's nothing, I just feel a bit sick is all," Phil says with a small smile.