Paper and candles don't mix

"Collab" with leighisnotfunny
We both used the same plot, so if you want to see a similar but also different version of this oneshot, go check out her oneshot book!!! (I think it's amazing)
————————————————————————

Phil inhales deeply the sweet smell of his favorite candle burning. He sets it on the table in front of him while he flips through some mail he had gotten. It was all garbage, random things from organizations asking him to give money. He reads over one of the letters, something in it briefly catching his attention.

Everything was made better with a candle burning by you, Phil had decided. Baths, answering emails, browsing the Internet, even when making videos, he had a candle burning. Phil loved his candles, but with candles comes a small danger, especially to those not aware of their surroundings.

As Phil is reading the page, he gets distracted by something out the window. He looks away from the paper in his hand, and his grip unconsciously droops, letting the flame of the candle brush over the paper. It catches, a quick burn creeping towards Phil's hand. Phil looks back down at the paper just before it touches his skin. His eyes widen and he drops the paper with a yelp. It lands on the other pages and starts to catch them on fire, along with some newspapers sitting in the pile. He panics, the flames leaping higher and higher as they start to consume more paper. The only thing he can think of, he does; smothering the flames with his hand.

At first, he just stands in shock, adrenaline pumping through him. His hand feels fine, but after his heart stomps hammering so much a dull, hot pain pulsates through his hand. He looks at his hand, where the skin is white and already beginning to blister slightly.

Now you might be thinking, Phil, it was just a small fire. Well Phil has sensitive skin, as shown by how easily he gets sunburns.

He exhales, the pain thumping in his hand with his heartbeat. I cannot let Dan know of this, he'll never let me have candles again! So he quickly cleans up the charred paper, blows out the candle, and sprays the air with air freshener to get rid of the smoke smell. He then goes to the kitchen, desperate for relief from the throbbing in his hand. He gets a towel and soaks it with cold water before wrapping it around his right hand, soothing the pain slightly. He makes his way back to his room, making sure Dan doesn't see him. He chills out in his room for awhile, until he hears Dan banging around in the kitchen. The towel had long since gone room temperature, hardly soothing his hand anymore. He throws the towel in a pile of his dirty clothes before inspecting his hand.

It didn't look too bad, only a few blisters. But if Dan saw his hand, even for a glance, he would immediately spot them. He gingerly puts his hand in his front pocket, grimacing at the pain that immediately intensified at being rubbed against something else. He would just have to put up with it.

He gets to the kitchen, finding Dan making some sort of rice vegetable dish. He had been trying to cook more, both for not being completely kitchen inept and being able to make it vegetarian friendly. Phil giggles at his slight miss-kept appearance, only in black sweat pants and a casual shirt. His curls were flung everywhere, but if anything, they just look more beautiful than when Dan tried to flatten them down.

Phil walls up behind him and rests his head on Dan's shoulder, looking down at the sizzling pot of food.

"Looks good, what is it?"

"I don't know, I just found it and thought it looked good," Dan says, shrugging. His arm goes up and holds Phil's cheek while he turns his head to capture Phil's lips in a kiss. Phil smiles into the kiss, wrapping his one arm around Dan's waist. It felt slightly awkward, only having one hand to put around Dan. But he would just have to get used to it.