CHAPTER 3

||Letters & Freak Out||

---
'You're my weakness. My sad poetry. My painful memory that I cherish.'
---

A week passed until the 'stalker scare' slipped from my mind, unconsciously. Plus its a week of our company's semestral report and the financial statements was a rush to be done by each department. Everything fell to normal.

I slumped to my swivel chair. My hair was out of place.

Ugh!I really need a retouch!

Tired and hungry, however I took my time to lessen the mess on my desk; all used files were put to its file cabinets, scratch papers were discarded to trash bin, I arranged my folders and ballpen case.

My eyes stopped to my desk clock.

10: 00 am

Break time. I redone my make up and lipstick then grabbed my purse and stood. My stomach started to grumble loud, I moaned walking slowly to the elevator. Of course, in the morning I only ate two pieces of apple. I overslept and got no time to reheat my pasta from last night.

Instead of eating in cafeteria, I decided to go to a cafè two blocks away. Sending a message to Sandra in case she drop by my office. I decided just walk to give my limbs a little exercise from hours of just sitting in my office.

The sun shone brightly on the sky. I savored the heat as it kissed my caramel skin; I walked on the pavement humming my favorite song. Fresh air and the street buzzed with people, my nerve felt relaxed. Smoothing.

Great day to walk.

My feet entered MarryCoffee cafe and ordered straight for a latte and chicken sandwich. I munched my sandwich while reading my Twitter notifications.

After a minutes of scrolling with nothing interesting stuff, I switched off my phone, instead my eye traveled around the place. The cafe was bustling with customers; there were couples feeling intimate sitting on a loveseat, families in gay conversation with their little one, a man in dark suit at left corner, was talking loudly on his wireless bluetooth with only coffee in front.

A typical busy man, huh?

For a minute, I just looked at the man in suit-he's kinda funny to look at!-its obvious that he had a rough day. A bag under his eyes, pale complication but still had a demanding voice.

"Hiyee!" A cute voice called, cutting my thoughts. A toddler waving at me standing next to her mom. Her blond hair was put into ponytail, wearing a pink dress paired with barbie jellyshoes.

I made a funny faces while she made weird noises like a small giggles.

"Baby..." her mom whispered, patted her back.

The toddler gave me a toothless grin. I smiled back like its our little secret. Sipping my coffee, I leaned back, crossing my legs.

"Excuse me, ma'am," I looked up and saw a staff from the cafe, grinning to me, clutching a white envelop. I gave him a confused look.

"Someone give it for you."

He put the envelope on my table. I gulped.

Please God, no!

Thinking my stalker was around the cafe.

"W-who gave it?" I asked. My voice trembled as my eyes darted to different direction.

Please no! Please no!

"I'm not very sure, but I think its a guy? He said, I just give it to you. He pointed at you," he explained.

"Oh..." I gripped my phone. Thinking to call Sandra but I didn't wanted to appear scared even though I'm terrified inside. Sweat started to trickle in my forehead but I tried to play it cool.

"Thank you," I smiled, concealing my nervousness.

"Have a nice day, ma'am," he nodded and left.

I inhaled and exhaled loudly. I discreetly sweep my eyes around, looking for any sign but I got nothing. Everything seems normal. Customers were busy with their own things: group of teenagers were in jolly conversation, few men sitting at the left were busy in their phone, couples in intimate talk.

I took a deep breath and picked up the envelope. My instinct was right. Its him or whoever this prick! Same scented envelopes I received. I battled against opening it in the cafe or walk out there like nothing happened. But I think its the person's strategy to corner me in the open, knowing that he or she knows, I know he or she is around the cafe.

I teared the envelope in half harshly. I thought, if my stalker was seeing this, it means I'm not fond of his game anymore. My harsh tearing, I think was over the top, it fell to the floor. I bent to retrieve it.

Shit!

My eyes moved along the scented paper. I read,

. My heart started pounding fast. I can't breath! The paper fell from my fingers. I jumped back snatching my purse and phone. I bolted out of the cafe with blurry eyes.

---