CHAPTER 29 (Pt. 1)

||Bread Crumbs||

PARIS, FRANCE

TWENTY-NINE minutes in taxi cab from Roissy Airport, we headed to Hotel Le Relais Du Louvre. Its a hotel that offered high class services near the Louvre Museum. The museum was our first drop in Parisian culture, I'm excited and giddy. Growing up, I have read all about France culture and rich history, its iconic landmarks and fashion that blows the world. Its one of the top country in the world with thick pull of tourist every year.

We decided to relax for five days in Paris and that it includes; no work stuff. No distraction. We planned to visit as much galleries and theaters show around the city and taste french cuisines.

At the back of my mind, I'm restless, however I tried to enjoy the trip. Its an irrational fear of something inevitable like there's a looming shadow, creeping. A thief. A disturbing thought that I pushed around, reminding myself its nonsense.

Its nothing.

But the most obvious predicament was Eric's grandfather. It makes me want to crawl to the ground. There were times when I thought what if Eric take the arrangement and left me. Those thoughts sent me back to my most painful days of breakup. And if it happens again I don't know if I can survive this. Because I knew, this what we have right now is deeper than before. I learned a lot of what happened between us.

We're buying time but we can't run forever.

I exhaled loudly, as I flat my head in car window.

"You okay?" Eric asked as his fingers skimmed my thigh above my skirt. I hummed my reply, feeling tired from the flight.

"I want to sleep in comfortable bed," I spoke, trying to convince him I'm thinking of something else.

He intertwined our fingers.

"Don't worry, we're almost there."

When the taxi cab stopped at front of the hotel, we took off, carrying our stuff, we checked in to our reserved room.

I sighed as I dropped my handbag on the sofa. The room was well-polished and comfy, medium size. Complete with amenities; full kitchen, air conditioned, a plasma television, cooler and a treadmill sat near the balcony. I walked to a wide painting on the wall, admiring it.

"Is the room okay with you? I know you want to walk to the museum, so I picked this," he whispered on my ear, unbuttoning my blazer.

"It looks cool," I smiled facing back at him. With a peck on my lips, which became his hobby lately, he hung my blazer in the dresser then deposited our two small bags under the bed, sling bag containing cameras and phone went to the drawer.

Popping top buttons of his polo shirt, he walked back towards me. Engulfing my body, he leaned in kissing my temple. I closed my eyes relishing the warmth of his embrace and lips on my skin.