CHAPTER 14

||Kiss in Waikiki||

Next day. . .

Stuffing two fully charged phone batteries, iPod, lip balm and three pieces of shade to my sling bag, I checked my visa and passport in the other pouch. Thoughugh we didn't need visa to enter Hawaii, when it comes to travelling, Im always ready.

Better ready, than sorry!

I checked myself on the mirror: my fitted white shirt tucked underneath a tight black jeans, finished it with four inches boots. I pinched my lips together. Today I didn't did my makeup I just applied thin layer of pink lipstick, foundation to hide the bags under my eyes. 

Singing my bagpack to my shoulder, I grabbed my cap on the bed then left the room in small but sure steps. This is it, we are going to Hawaii for a short trip and they were bringing me along. Eric has a business deal there while the place just coincide with their planned fun trip wth few of their friends and Eric business associates.

My ears peeked when I heard over lapping voices and a very pitchy voice of a woman. I sighed, feeling concious all of a sudden.

As I neared them, my heart did a weird tick when my eyes sweeped to Eric's form. He was on the phone texting, sporting a blue button down dress shirt and long pants, gladiator eye glases perched on his chest. There's a blank expression in his face, so different from Eric I know who always welcome everyone with his charming smile. For a second, I stood a few meter away from them, I saw a woman with a man in her back talking with Elise. 

Snapping out my thoughts, I continued to walk towards them, my heels doing a click sounds on the floor signalling them for my arrival.

"Oh, hey! Here she is!" Elise hurriedly reached for my arms then pushed me in front of them. "Guys, I want you to meet the lovely Faye Smith, my new friend,"

"Hi, nice to meet you," I awkwardly waved. "Faye, this is Vera Bush and her soon to be husband, Alex Callero,"

 I caught Eric lift his head to look at us. My skin tingling with suffocation when I realized they were scrutinizing me.

"Hi, how are you? You're so lovely," Vera thrust her hand first. I took their hands for a handshake. My first impression, they were cool couple. Perfect for each other.

"Hi, Faye," Alex said in deep voice. I blushed at their welcoming gestures towards me. 

Alex was a tall guy with a lean body. He had a tattoo on his neck, I think its a dragon symbolism, that complete his bad boyish aura. He practically exuded sex appeal. While the woman whom I think same with my age had an exotic beauty. Her tan skin was a mismatch to her green eyes. Rare beauty. I inhaled deeply maintaining my smile.

"So, everything is set, c'mon guys!" Elise clapped her hands beckoning us forward. I moved as I met Eric's heavy stare halfway. I looked away first, thinking we will be having fun in Hawaii-hopefully.

○●○

My hands were flat against the plane's window. My eyes were busy staring down the view below us. Breathless, I concentrate on my sightseeing.

If superman was real, I promised myself to beg him to fly me to the moon. Its  my childish dream because I'm always fond of flying like birds. How would it feel if I can touch the clouds? Dive down like an eagle. Then, perhaps all my problems would disappear even for a minute?

I closed my eyes feeling exhausted from my heavy thoughts.

Relax and enjoy this . . .