CHAPTER 25

||Stygian and Ambrosia||

---
'It was always you...'
---

The car raced through the night with such speed. Beating the red light, the wheels swerved overtaking all vehicles ahead the crowded lanes. His face was calm but inside was a fire raging ball. One thing he hated the most was to loss control in anything. He loved the reign, the thrill that comes from being at the top of the food chain. Power and control over lives. After all he was born for it. Larson was meant to rule. His blood gave him that privilege.

But for a mere woman, he teared his guard down when she asked for a space. The distance was ridiculous, really. It was fucking ridiculous and blow his ego but it had to be done.

Leniency was a key. For now.

At the morning of their date at the beach, he was there the whole time. Eric was awake the moment Faye entered the shower room. The soothing gaze she casted after her shower was felt all throughout his body. When the screen door hit the frame he was up to prepare a breakfast but not before switching on the line speaker attached to Faye's phone device.

Prying.

It was wrong of him to imprison Faye in his palms. But hell, its the only way to ensure her safety especially when a lurking shadows of men were spotted only a few feet away from her weeks ago when Elise invited her for a beach party. He doubled the guards and tightened the surveillance around her but still came up empty handed much to his annoyance.

Faye's conversation with her mother was loud and clear in his ears but never felt the guilt about the past... Past he couldn't change. Those words was supposed to rattle his core in pursuing Faye, but he smiled into it. In fact, half of his dark heart was happy it happened.

And he was grateful everything came into this moment... Faye fell right into his palm.

When Faye came back in the cottage, Eric knew exactly what would she say before her lips opened. He swallowed the expected disappointment when he tossed the tray to the sink. Feeling annoyed to himself because he kept on preparing the meal while listening to their conversation. He dressed hurriedly avoiding Faye's swelling eyes. In the car, it was all silence. Faye was fidgeting, looking outside the window.

'Eric," she breathed. "Uhm... I really need space? I hope you understand.'

She kissed him one last time on the cheek, soft lips lingered a little longer while he stood there rigidly. Devoid of emotion.

'Goodbye...' she whispered then walked away, cutting all her ties to him. Faye avoided him and he kept his ends.

Three days. Five days.

He tried to call but every time went to voice mail. One week; he sent flowers. None. His headache became scorching when his men spotted shady men tailing Faye. And he fucked them all! Two men were captured then put into bloody interrogations. It was confirmed. Those men were connected to his enemy fishing for his weakness.

"Boss, she's secured!" Nick's voice rang in Eric's earpiece.

"Stay focused. Secure the perimeter."

"Copy that boss."

People running in frantic from the club was the first thing Eric witnessed when his car skidded to a halt. He exited in unimaginable speed, securing the loaded metal on his belt.