CHAPTER 30

||Hunches & Pain||

The water sloshed my body in big ripples

The water sloshed my body in big ripples. Facing the wall, my hands flat on the tiles as I stared up to the shower spray.

What the hell is happening? Where is he?!

At the museum, I played it over and over again; how we strolled aimlessly around the halls and how the woman left the piece of paper in my possession-deliberately.

A trail. Someone was following us. It was planned. I'm scared and can't decide what to do. Obviously, I can't call an authority because Eric just left a few hours. I'm worried...

What if something happens to him! What if...

I exhaled loudly, turning off the shower, I dried myself then stepped out the shower room in haste.

"Oh for god's sake!"

I stomped when I can't find anything to wear. Everything is a mess! Settling on a plain long sleeve and knee short, I walked back to the living room and called Eric phone. Again, he was still out of coverage area. I sighed, pacing back and forth.

After a few minutes, I called Dustin and Elise, asked them if something happened, but they're blank to Eric's whereabouts. They promised to get hold of him and called me back if there's something I need to know. I was conflicted if I would tell them about the paper.

'Eric is a liar.'
Don't trust them.'

Them.

So I didn't.

Its not that I don't trust Elise or Dustin because I do. Its just sometimes, things are better left unsaid-for now.

This could be a guessing game: who to trust. In my head, it relates to all Eric's friends and everyone related to him. Yes, this could be a game. A sick game.

The purpose of the paper was to put a seed of doubt in my head. When Eric revealed his family secrets, I understood a relationship with him won't the same like before. It's not a small walk in the park. And I prived it for few months with him; the weight, the tension were massive.

The paper could be the start-a plot to break us apart. And I should protect what's mine, right?

Its like walking down a dark tunnel and you don't know who will meet you up at end of that small light.

The uncertainty.

After the fruitless calls, I checked on hotel's desk what time did Eric left. According to them he left around 4am.