CHAPTER 5

||Warm Bodies Part 1||

I woke up with the cold air brushing my exposed skin, shifting to my side, my eyelids cracked.

I blinked from a hazy state, then that's when I felt a wrenching pain in my temple.

"Oh, god!..." My hands stopped massaging my head when a sound of phone rung at the side table. Its not my phone from its ring tone--someone else's. I leaned up, the thick duvet slid down my body.

I'm—naked? No! No!

The phone kept on ringing, my heart was pounding when I saw a male pants on a couch. It didn't need a genius to guess what happened last night when my body was still sore.

I tried to remember what happened. My white dress from last night was on the sofa. My lingerie scattered on the floor.

Eric?

The memory hit when Eric's face came into my vision. Gritting my teeth, I stood folding the comforter around my body. I tried to put on my underwear, I cringed but hell, I have no choice. Rolling my long hair in a bun, I prayed Eric won't see me fleeing like a thief.

I practically ran to snatch a white tee hanging on a dresser then threw it on.

The shower was on. From my position the silhouette was a heavy flesh of a man. Not even the mist can blurred his imposing size. His back was facing me, two palms flat on the wall, head on the shower spray.

Eric.

I knew his shadow even in the dark, its him. I gathered my rumbling mind, inhaling deeply. I stood there confused for a second.

Meeting him last night...

Talks...

The club and wines...

I gasped. Now the memory from last night became clearer as crystal:

Facing him again opened my half-healed wounds. Seeing his brown coffee eyes that spoke too much, his luscious lips that I kissed thousand times. His built body.

Did he got even bigger?

Everything about him only knocked me off from the truth that we are done. That he was not mine anymore. For all I know, maybe he already found a new love? And it hurts like hell. I clenched my hands under the table. We dined in a CrossLover—how cruel was that name?

Its a five star hotel and the price of food can make you beggar for a week.

He apologized, alright. Explained himself what happened 'to us'. That its all on him. He wasn't ready, and the his grandfather's pressure pushed him to leave me.

'Life gets in the way'?

As much as I want to show I'm unaffected. That I'm no longer in pain, a tear slipped. I was shaking after I spilled every hurt and disappointment bottled for years. Throughout, he held my hands. It was both comforting and soothing on my aching heart.

My first thought was no, but I settled to 'be open' in anything. Refusing could only lead him into thinking 'I'm not over him'. When I mentioned his letters and gift, I felt him stiffened. He said he didn't knew how to face me after what happened. So he planned it.