CHAPTER 27 (18+)

||Coda||

Faye

It was settled.

I'm living in with Eric. After our dinner date which left me shocked, I finally came to terms that he's a not the typical guy out there. Not the kind of guy I thought anyway.

Every day he showed me what he meant when he said he's a mob boss- slowly for my insanity sake and its my struggle every time. Eric kept it no secret when making phone calls to some deals but its me who shyly walked away, dreading to hear the whole conversation. A few times, I saw men pulled on the drive way, usually around 10 in the evening but I never question anything. Its not my place and though he seriously said I'm welcome to ask anything, I put wall into those thoughts.

There's no way I'm dealing those things sooner than later!

But the fact its another thing I'm keeping from my parents-for now- hurt me the most. I felt guilty.

Week passed living with him and everything seemed normal aside from his midnight meetings, I felt secured though. I enjoyed myself writing in the garden every Saturday or Sunday.

Every day Eric drop me off and pick me from the office or a bodyguard did it when he can't due to hectic meetings. While aunt Laura and I became closer; we shared our girl's secrets such as crushes and silly life events. I asked her where she was when Eric was in college, knowing back then, Eric was always alone dealing his life. She explained it was the years she lost her family to an explosion. Though she argued it was related to her husband's connection to Larson's business, the case was closed. No further investigation was done despite Larson's influence solidifying the presumption its an orchestrated accident.

I can't helped but hugged the woman when she started crying. She went on how Eric comforted her in times of mourning. It was only him. Mr. Connor, Eric's grandfather, was always closed off to people. They valued privacy, reason why I didn't ask too much about his family back then, though were engaged. No matter what it is, I want Eric to share it first as I did to him.

Now I knew why the man was so intimidating and scary to be around. Physically, Mr. Larson senior, was a blond, well-built and have a bright green eyes. The only resemblance Eric and Mr. Connor have was their tan skin. Its his birthday when Eric took me as his date. It scared me to hell, when I tried to shake his hands and the sixtyish man didn't even bat a lash on me-zero emotion.

○●○

[Saturday]

I was busy picking a blouse that will go under my cardigan jacket. Smiling when I saw a fuchsia pink sleeveless blouse, I took it out then walked to my dresser. Its my date with my friends. I'm relieved when Eric let me out but not before we bickered about my security details. I refused to carry those paranoid men around when he's adamant about it. From four I bargained to one, then it escalated to his cursing out that sent me reeling back. I blinked away my tears when he walked out. I was hurt every time he walk out in our arguments.

At lunch, I tried to composed myself, fearing aunt Laura notice on our sour glances. She talked about Eric's collection of paintings when I shared my fondness on paintings. I tried to distract myself throughout the lunch when Eric excused himself, food barely touched. I inhaled deeply.

His aunt even called him back but he was quick to say, he had a phone call to make. Pathetic as it sound, I tried to make an eye contact, but he refused. Instead, he only gave a reassuring smile to her, as if I'm not there! My gut dropped. Thursday dotted as our first fight after getting back.