CHAPTER 34

||SAID AND DONE||

FAYE

I snatched the ridiculous necklace hanging on his neck then threw it away. Beads hit the floor in sync. My nails didn't spare his chest when I drew blood and long cuts. I glared at him while he remained stone cold. Not even flinching.

"Just stop!" I wiped my tears vehemently. Liar. I chanted it in my head. He's lying just to keep hurting me. Yes, that's it.

"I thought you wanted to know everything," Challenge in his voice.

"Shut up! I'm done playing with your mind games!" I screamed, throwing a mug glass towards him but he only swat it away. Advancing towards me. Eric didn't care as I hurled his stuff around. Breaking it.

"Don't be an hypocrite Faye! You know what reputation my brother have from the very beginning. Eric would never talked or mingle to some naive student girl like you! But I did!"

I battled his strength when callouse fingers grabbed my arms.

"It was me who talked to you first. It was fucking me the whole time who befriended you! And Eric?" he mocked, "he talked to you because I asked him to do so! Remember that summer? It was me! Me!"

In denial, I shook my head when he brought our faces nearer.

My heart tightened when he held my chin. Harsh but there's something soft in his eyes. I blinked. "I was never meant to set foot on that godforsaken school but I did, Faye. I'm forbidden to have friends other than my family and men. But I threw everything away when I'm with secretly meeting you..." He murmured the last words while his face lowered; it hovered like a ghost. My heart pulsate in my ribcage.

"Eric didn't like the idea of pretending but I convinced him. In months, he forced himself to talk to you, called you, take you to lunch,"

Ivan once again met my eyes. It was no longer void of emotions. There's akin to sadness and relief. I blinked away my tears.

"And eventually Eric fell for you." He let me go as he faced away, clutching his nape, breathing heavily.

He sighed. "Look, my brother's love was real, Faye. Don't ever doubt it. And believe it or not, it wasn't pretend. He maybe an asshole sometimes but I saw how thoughtful he is around you."

My eyes swelled. Every memory flashed back before my eyes; Eric was always been my protector. He put my needs up front his priorities. Yes, there were times we argued because of his controlling attitude or my insecurities to girls around him but that just it. Big or small arguments, Eric always the first to apologize even its my fault.

He always chose me...

"When he told me you said yes to be his girlfriend, I...was..." he exhaled, still back on me, back muscles tense.

"Its for the best, I thought. So I stay sway and after three years he proposed."

Something clogged my throat when he faced me again. Pain. Cuts that ran deep into him and I hate myself for seeing this. His eyes held intense emotions I can't match so I glanced down.

He chuckled lowly. "Eric knew I have feelings for you so every moment he had with you, he sent pictures. Just to raffle my shackles," his head tilted, a bittersweet smile on lips.

Your anniversary dates, and engagement party but I never hated him for it. Coz I knew he deserves you. You deserve a perfect man and I was never that guy."

"Aunt Laura said Eric was shot? How's that happened? Did you kill him?" I asked louder than I intended to, emphasizing the last word. I didn't want to dwell on his words, 'I have feelings for you...'