Revisit: 'Meeting HER'

Six Years Before

Larson's City State
Monday, 2nd Semester, SY 2013-2014

_______

"Again!"

Heavy body lunged at awaiting one. With a powerful blow, pounding flesh teared up but it wasn't enough.

" Harder!"

Slitting eyes pierced the hulking trainer, heaving. Sidestepping, another blow missed a hit.

"Cmon, work with your feet Ivan!" The raspy voice continued toying with him.

"Give me your best shot boy!" Smirking, they circled each other. Ivan focused on his opponent.

Searching... Ah...

Finding fault in the older man's stance, Ivan threw a kick to the man's side which seamlessly blocked by his knee. But this time the younger Larson was prepared; countered punch was tossed to his face, rendering him off balance.

Knocked out.

"Damn, you're getting old," Ivan casted a mock, rolling his shoulder.

"That's a hit of a baby!"

Rufu glared at him, wiping a small blood on his lips but inside, he's satisfied how over years of training, Ivan became faster and stronger both physically and mentally. After all, its what he ought to do. Ivan is the next in line of being Don. The Big Man. Chain Leader. And its not an easy task.

Rufu was sure Ivan can handle all pressure, but sometimes, he can't help but worry every time Ivan show some 'kindness' around. Its a slip of hard facade Ivan created. Yes. No matter how tough he act, something soft always came out. A trait from late Lady Rosz, his mother, instilled on him as little boy.

A character senior Larson kill too many times. Did they succeed? Not sure. Only time would tell if they created a 'monster' in him.

"Don't let winning get into your head." Ivan rolled his eyes at Rufu's words of 'wisdom' just like every time.

"Even the breeze is on your favor, remain pushing for horizon."

"I felt like every year you're getting emotional, old man. Here," he chuckled, shaking his head.

Ivan helped him up. He grinned however the bulky trainer remained stoic, eyes peering behind his back when the glass door opened.

"Ivan... Can I talk to you for a sec?" The call came from far side of the ring.

"What does he need now?" Rufu muttered but Ivan didn't said anything.

Nodding at his twin warily, he faced Rufu who already in his feet to exit the ring.

"Tonight at 7." Rufu reminded him again to their nightly sparring session, bouncing to the door not before throwing a look to Eric.

"Got it,"

Ivan snatched the bottled water as Eric walked towards him; his hair trimmed shorter, wearing leather jacket and pants.

A boyish smile plastered on his face. But he felt something was up. Ivan knew his twin won't burst on the door at 6 in the morning for some little chat.

"Do you need something?" He asked, eyes balling Eric's sporty outfit. Its Monday so Eric shouldn't be wearing his leather jacket, right?

"Uhm... Can you ...cover for me?" Eric rolled his lips.