CHAPTER 24

||Thick & Thin||

----
'Back and forth. That's what we do.'
----

"Did you get..."

"Yes, boss. Everything is set...

"...take her..."

Voices. Murmurs. My head was swaying back and in forth out of consciousness-floating-until I blackout...

Groans passed my lips. Then there's a pain spreading from my hips to my ankles, pulsing. My fingers gripped the feather-like mattress. Feeling the bed, my fingers sought for my fluffy stuff toy.

Where's pan-pan?

I moved around, half asleep, rolling backward, then I fell hard on a cold floor, knocking me off.
My curse stucked in my throat when my vision cleared. Blinking, my eyes stared...

'Where the hell am I?' I shot up, the thick comforter slipped away from my legs.

Please! No! No!

With shaking limbs, I stood glaring and alert. I coughed from a dry throat, moving backwards only to bumped onto a glass table, knocking off a stack of books.

'Damn it!'

For a minute, I gathered my thoughts and absorbed my surroundings.

As best as I could I tried to calm down myself. I stood still, scanning the room, when something caught my eyes. Hell, my mind was racing. I moved in measured steps to take a billard stick hanging on wall next to the door. Fear and confusion filled me but I'm determined to hold myself up. I gripped the stick with force like its my salvation in this predicament.

The way I saw it, its a large bed room, alright. The moon casted a shadowy gleam; two lamp shades were on the corners. I exhaled loudly when unmistakable manly scent invaded my nostrils.

I walked forward.

There's four doors but I think the three were only an adjacent rooms by its size. My gaze zeroed on the biggest door and windows. Closed. Its a gut feeling.

"I'm trapped..."

Nausea clogged in my throat, my limbs staggered as I breathed in the cold air, feeling my heart beating like a drum. I hugged myself- kidnap. I knelt. Searching my last memory...

Club...

The guy who flirt with me then... the commotion...

I choked on my saliva when I remembered about my friends at the club. Panic only intensified my fear.

Dread engulfed my flesh, paralyzing. The need to curl into ball-helpless... But I killed the voice the seconds it popped in my head. All I need is to escape. That thought alone sent a boost to my body.

I dashed to the wall-lenght window, fumbling with the lock. Thick steel framed the it. Instead of a simple latch, its coded electric pad.

"Shit! Shit!"

With shaking fingers, I tried to pull the latch--where the hell am I?!-I didnt bother to held back my tears anymore. I knocked the glass window several times; its a ballistic glass? I peered outside; silhouettes of lush trees and wide yard and I'm at the highest floor!

Oh God!

Exasperated. Panic. I wanted to shriek! There's a ventilator but was too high. Phone? None. Even if I put a chair on the table, I'm still few feet short.