CHAPTER 11

||Curiosity Kills the Cat||

———
Jealousy is for the weak heart.
———

The humongous library was haven. Its modern gothic design; carved wood adorned the walls, maple floor and plush cushion seats.

All my hours were spent inside the library either reading or writing. I'm working on a self-help book like Chicken Soup. The idea came in the first night I lied on the bed. I thought everything about my life, my sadness... How to counter life's grief. It will be a hard work but I love doing it especially the brainstorming on the parts in general.

I log out my laptop then took my phone on the table. I sighed, leaned my aching back to the plush high chair.

My phone was dead. My phone plan was at nil point

Damn it!

" Jess?" I called out to the maid that became my friend in my two days of living with Eric . She was dusting the corridors, when I peeked outside. There were three maids in all but she was the friendly one. Others were far cold.

"Yes, miss Faye?"

I smiled, "Didn't I told you to stop calling me Miss Faye? Faye sounds good,"

"I'm sorry. Can I help you?"

"Ahm, can I borrow a phone?" I asked her. She looked up to me, confused.

"We have landline phone in the living room,"

"Oh, I mean cellphone?" I explained to her.

"Ok. Follow me please,"

She walked us to the living room. Then opened a box containing two latest cellphones. She explained its for emergency purposes in case landlines phones are dead.

Smart thinking!

"Thank you, Jess." She nodded and proceeded to dusting wall.

I punched Sandra's number. After three rings she picked up. On the background laughters can be heard. Its her lovely family.

I miss my Ma and Pa...

Sandra: "Hello? Who's this?"

"San, its me, Faye!"

Sandra: "Oh, Faye!! Faye! Where the hell are you? I was calling you but you didn't pick up," Feet padding can be heard and a squeak of a door. Now the noisy voices tuned down.

I started to pace around. Its a long story, right? So, I told her the short version.

"Yeah, about that, I changed my phone numbers and basically, I'm penniless right now!" I can't helped but to voice out my despair.

Sandra: "Oh... I can lend you."

"San. Yeah...I really need help right now!"

I didn't like the idea of living in one roof with my ex-fiance. After a week or so, my suspension order will be lift off, so by then, I can access my money they freezed. Embarrassing but she's the only help I can get.

"I promise I will pay you as soon as I can access my account," I pleaded, leaning to a pillar next to me. I gripped my head.

Sandra: "Its cool babe, we're friends! Of course," she answered in duh tone.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I sighed. 

Sandra: "So, where are you now?"

"Ahm. . . "

I debated if I will tell her that I'm actually taking a 'refuge' at my ex-fiance's place.

"I'm at Eric's place...?" I cringed how my voice sounded.

Then silence.

"Hello? Sa-"

Sandra: "You freaky girl!"

I jumped from her high pitch voice.

"You can try your luck, who knows, right?

"Ha ha ha! That's funny! That's. . . ridiculous. We're just..." The word is complicated.

"Faye, relax! Oh you're over reacting girl!" I rolled my eyes. She chuckled loudly.

We talked for a few minutes and she told me about her father's mild stroke, reason why she filed a leave of absent. Fortunately, his recovering fast. We talked many things but when I heard a car revved outside,

Eric!

I ended Sandra's call and walked to greet him. Now that Sandra can lend some amount, I think its time to tell him about my departure. I walked to the entrance when I heard an unmistakable clicking of heels and laughter of a woman?

I fought the urge to stumble backward and run inside my room. I needed to see whoever it was. I hid behind pillar overlooking to the door. There, I saw Eric entered with a brunette woman in his arms. I frowned.

Jealousy was the word.

She wore a maxi dress, beautiful and looked sophisticated with her red lips and those cat eyes. Fair skin. Perhaps its really what he like in a woman? Jealousy and faint insecurities swirled in my chest.

Is she the...

I felt like howling inside. My weakness hurt me the most.

The woman giggled at Eric. He dropped his suitcase, then turned around to face her.

They look good.

The brunette woman slung her slender arm around his neck.

I bit my lips.

She leaned upward, where I thought she would go for a kiss instead she whispered to him. He laughed, caressing her waist. The view was intimate, for the most part.

All I want was to look away but I'm stuck. For seemed like an eternity, I stepped back feeling I'm intruding something private.

"Miss Faye! NOOO!"

Jessy rushed to my side to catch the vase but it was too late.

I gasped at the deafening sound. It echoed around the hallway. Its the vase mounted beside the pillar I'm hiding was knocked off by me. Accidentally. It fell right where Eric and the woman stood.

The couple looked up while I froze on my feet. Blood drained from my body.

"Oh, no. . ."

Can somebody shoot me now?!

----

Please VOTE/COMMENTS/SHARE! If you like this chapter! 💋