CHAPTER 23

||Wild Night||

——————
Darkness is my friend...enemy. I don't know. It come to me unexpectedly.
——————

"Do I look okay?"

Vera gave me a once over look then grin. "Edible," I rolled my eyes fixing my pony tail. We entered the club, Red Chicas, the neon red sign displayed that. Its an underground club owned by a Spanish gayman—a good friend of Elise.

Sporting a black sleeveless knee dress, I did a good job of self-concealment. Plain dress, no fancy design, no glitters, no whatsoever. Because the last thing I want was to show more skin and reenact what happened back in Hawaii. A constrict in my gut, I brushed off the feeling, instead I surveyed the place, clutching my purse.

Like every nights, Vera and Elise nailed it with their sexy high heels and elegance. Me and Sandra kept it to a minimum outfit; not too sexy but not too plain to standout.

"Will you stop that!"

Elise swatted my hands that were tugging the hem of my dress. I groaned.

"Its just—"

"Oh, for goodness sake! Just relax!" She hissed under her breath, pushing us forward.

Breathe.

Arriving at the entrance to the dance floor, music bust the whole place. My hands gripped the banister leading down where sea of people dancing. Somehow the sight made me smile.

At first when they brought me to a club, I felt awkward and out of place. My skin prickled when someone tried to talk to me even in casual way. Then came the third night, I loosened up. Slowly, I learned how to enjoy the people, the music. Everything. I enjoyed it to the point of looking forward every night. I became closer to them and I already introduced Sandra to the two and fortunately they clicked as well.

Though there were nights when Sandra missed our night-outs, I never did.

The crowd down below was big, laser neon lights pierced the bodies grinding and moving to a hippy tune. I spotted some engaged in lip-locking, blending to the floating heat of the moment.

The club was definitely for rich people. It has a unique structure, the dance floor is in sunken level with Dj up in the air scratching the right tunes. Everything was glass and fountains every corner. Vera said those are not water, but wine!

Wow!

We walked straight to the bar and ordered one shot of tequila straight with high toast.

The drink to start the night!

"Look! Is that Patrick Garcia!"

Sandra was gushing to a hunk man in white shirt. Lean body with broad shoulders. Ah, Patrick Garcia, a matinee idol turned action star. A high paid actor in his generation.

I nodded, "Yes, that's him,"

"You know what? I have a girl crush on him in high school! I wonder if can gave me an autograph," she said, a hopeful look in her eyes.