CHAPTER 7

||Tons of Brick||

----
'Face your fears. But I'm big sissy to do it.'

----

The second the door to the shower opened, I flew to pickup my purse near the lamp shade. I ran to the door, nearly missing a step.

"Oh, god!"

"Faye?"

I heard a patter of steps. The hair on my back stood as I froze in the door way. I heard him chuckled probably from my ridiculous attire; a big white tee, legs exposed and tangled hair.

I exhaled, holding my stomach in.

"Leaving so soon? C'mon, I ordered for our breakfast," he suggested. No teasing. Its a plain invitation. If I'm not embarrassed to what we did-I sleep with my ex-what I did, perhaps I'm gonna stay for breakfast. But no! Its not everyday you broke up with someone then jump to his bone the night you saw him again after three cruel years, right?

I cringed.

When I looked behind, a blue towel wrapped around his hips. Defined v-muscles peeking. He brushed a small towel on his wet hair.

What I'm gonna say?!-I'm shouting bloody hell in my mind.

"Do you sleep well?" A crooked smile on lips. Taunting. My eyes slit. I felt my temper rose.

I was angered to myself. The more I think about it, its like a slapped to myself.

I slept with him.

Pivoting to face him, I glared to his half-naked form. What happened last night was a mistake. Its just caused by the alcohol in our systems. It shouldn't happened ever again!

He was still having a mocking grin.

I ran out.

Eric called me but my feet carried me faster, tears fell on my cheeks. I ran out like a coward? No, its just my way to shield myself.

Its just a mistake!

Its a mistake! I chanted.

In the lobby, people stared at me like I'm an alien. Its the most embarrassing moment in my life. I hailed a taxi straight to my apartment, and was welcomed by a Suspension Order by our manager!

"SHIT!" I screamed out loud.

I want to pulled my hair out! And most of all I wanted to kick someone's balls. I was starting to rebuild my life, but now he is back!

I'm fine now! I'm fine now! Why he came back?!

My eyes swelled up when all my bitter memories rushed back. I suffered and sacrificed too much to move on from him... And now? I even ended up in his bed!

A tear slipped when I realized Eric was still a part of my heart even I didn't admit it.

○●○

I walked to my manager's office clutching my suspension order letter. Grace, Mr. Ferrer secretary, greeted me with her usual business smile.

I smiled back.

"Com' in," my manager's gruff voice echoed. I stepped inside and saw Mr. Ferrer, a stout man in his forty's signing documents. He looked up and instantly his expression fell.

Crap!

I knew I'm in big trouble. "Good afternoon, sir," I bowed in greeting.

"Please sit down Ms. Smith," he said in clipped tone.

"I assumed you already received your SO?" he asked more on confirming a fact. I nodded while tapping my foot on the floor.

"Sir, I know my mistake and nothing could justify to what I did but sir if only you cou-" He stopped me with his finger in the air, motioning me hold.

I'm crying inside.

"When I accept you to my department, I really thought you have a promising attitude. Its what I saw in you. Determination. But you disappoint me when I heard you left your post!" he half-shouted. I flinched.

He heaved a deep sighed, rubbing his temple. "Its very unprofessional that you left in the middle of our financial auditing, Ms. Smith," he stood near the window, back facing me and continued,

"Personal problems should be separated from work. I hope you understand the consequences of that!"

I bit my lips, silent tears started pouring down my face.

"I'm sorry Ms. Smith, but I'll stick to my decision to suspend you for a month. We were behind schedule because of your incompetent and we almost lost our annual budget,"

"Its the least I can do. You're fortunate the HR didn't terminate your contract for good. Have a nice day Ms. Smith," he dismissed still not facing me.

Mr. Ferrer gave me rare opportunities in my months of working in his department. Though I'm inexperienced compare to other applicants, he picked me. And I was grateful to him ever since. But everything puffed up to nothing by my one mistake.

'You enjoy it!' a voice mocked me.

I walked out of his office, defeated.

----
Don't forget to vote/comments/share/follow if you like this chapter! 💋