CHAPTER 26

||Blowing Umbers||

---
'I saw a shadow in the field. I thought it was you,'
---

FAYE

"Ma'am?"

"Hey, please comin'," I smiled to the maid, turning my head. She's clutching a 3 wrapped boxes as I sat in front of the vanity mirror blowing my hair.

She bowed then stepped in the room, placing the boxes on my bed. One thing I noticed about the maids in the manor, they act like robots. Proper and prim like statue putting to shame all victorian era's servant. With all their bowing habit every time they face me, I'm worried about their spine condition.

"Thank you Dianna,"

The curvy woman bowed then slipped off the room. I did my skin toning regime, then put on a long plain tee with a tight short. Propping on the plush bed, I opened the boxes. My finger stopped-its a new laptop and latest iphone.

He kept his words.

At the top of the other box, a small envelop was tucked to the ribbon. I picked it then read:

'Wear this for me' - E.

I felt a flutter of butterflies in my stomach. So, it was settled; we're having a date. I'm both excited in the date part but as much as I wanted to know his side story—there's a chill on my bones but I shook it out.

I don't want to judge him.

Hour later, Eric knocked on my room saying he'll be leaving for some important work and tonight we'll meet in our reserve restaurant, I just gave him my assurance that I'll be fine in the manor, not without leaving me with his addictive kisses. Kisses I returned wholeheartedly.

I succeeded in detaching the ribbons.  When I raised top cover I revealed on a breathtaking long dress.

Fine linen, a long white dress with a sweetheart neckline. I stood then hang it in front of my chest. A high slit running on the side, an array of silver and black gems grace the front. By the quality of the clothe material, it screamed a thick dollar notes. I groaned, feeling stupid for asking him for a date. We could have a nice talk in their hall or somewhere instead of doing it in a fancy restaurant.

The dress was gorgeous, though I abhore wearing designer clothes, for once I wanted to try this on my body. In our previous dates, I always insisted to wear simple dresses. He gave gift--expensive ones but I only wear them when there is big occasions.

Peering to the last box, it contained a nude high heels with straps. Perfectly complement the dress. I pat my chest, feeling nervous all suddenly.

Pushing everything aside, I focused on calling my parents first. Fortunately, they only asked my whereabouts while I gave a short and direct words that I'm doing fine, that I'm just making up because I missed my call last saturday.

Perfect liar!

I grinned inwardly. While my video call with my three best friends were cut short for some personal reasons, we promised to talk 'everything' in group date this weekend. This time, our night-out will be on more relax environment. A tea party or a picnic.

A relief washed over me when they confirmed they were absolutely fine after the night in Red Chicas, except Elise who looked pale and awkwardly silent from bad cold. That Eric's men took them to safety, I cringed at the word men.

•••••••