Prologue | Baby by me

E'maniLos Angeles, CA 📍

E'mani
Los Angeles, CA 📍

"Jay" I whined, shaking him vigorously.

The room was dark. 3:30 AM but 5:30 Am if you're on the east coast. I felt wetness trickling down my legs, which made me think I was having another accident in the bed, for the third time this week.

"Jay!" I said, raising my voice a little more.

"Hmm" he groaned, not turning over. "What bae?" he replied, tiresome.

I became nervous as the wet spot started to gradually get larger in my shorts that I've worn to bed.

I snatched the fuzzy blue cotton throw cover back, off me revealing a huge wet spot underneath me and my eyes got bigger, already knowing what time it was.

"Jason. You gotta get up now.", I spoke as I slid off the bed immediately as I pulled the chain for the lamp, now making my room glow.

"Mani..." He groaned, groggily as he rolled over with no shirt on and his Blue and black Polo Boxers with the blue horses printed all over them.

"Why the hell the bed so wet." He frowned as he used his left hand to feel the wet spot and used his right hand to rub his eye.

I couldn't even fucking speak at this point. I was taking short breaths as I used my left hand to rub my belly, scrunching my face up.

Jason finally finished rubbing his eyes.

"You peed in the bed again Mani?"

"Jay." I spoke through clenched teeth. "That aint piss."

"Then what- "Jason spoke before stopping mid-sentence. "OH shit."

He jumped up and ran out of the bedroom to Royce and Cuppie's room, where they were sound asleep. It was time. That time for me to get ready to push and I didn't know what the hell to expect.

I winced in pain as I slowly made my way to the dresser that was across the room as I heard Jason shouting, telling our girls to get up.

"Daddy...its not time for school yet." I heard Cuppie whine.

"Cuppie, you gotta get up." He said as I heard rummaging as if he was looking through their closets.

"Daddy. Where we going?" Royce said, walking out the room in her minion pajamas with her pink scarf on her head.

She appeared in my doorway, staring at me with an awkward face. She watched me take short breathes.

"Oooohh" I groaned in pain, holding my stomach.

"What's wrong with you Mani?" she asked, walking closer to me. "Do you have a tummy ache?"

"No baby." I managed to get out. "I...I think the baby coming."