13 | Calm before the Storm

Karin

3 Months later

Tonight, at dinner O'shea seemed rather distant and I didn't understand why. His family was being regular and welcoming as usual but O'shea wasn't.

Sure, he greeted me with a kiss but other than that he didn't talk much or really give me much attention. Not to mention the red mark I've peeped on his neck. It looked like he scratched himself, but then again.

A bitch could of did that shit. He better had scratched his own damn neck. A fucking self-harmed scratch.

At least that's what it better be.

"So, what's going O'shea?" I interrogated as I scrolled through my phone.

I was sitting in the front seat of his car while he was driving me home. We held off on getting an apartment together because we weren't certain if we wanted to take that leap yet.

These past three months has been very odd and I'm not digging the detachment between us.

He picked up a few acting gigs and I've been flying back and forth to my home town, Harlem New York to see my family that I've been dying to get to move to Los Angeles.

Between Makeup, BeautyCon involvements and appearances, doing meet and greets alongside Aaliyah Jay at MAC Cosmetics, Modeling for Fashion Nova and Pretty Little Things, Tarte, BH Cosmetics, and sometimes even watching Affinity for O'shea, our lives has been tremendously hectic.

"Nun wrong with me Karin. That's the fourth time you asked me that shit."

"And I'ma keep asking you until you check that attitude of yours." I simply said, keeping my cool. "I don't know why you getting all Bucky with me. I just asked a damn question."

"And I keep answerin ya damn question by saying aint shit wrong with me, unless yo ass hard of hearing."

"Tsss. You such a dickhead." I flared my nostrils and scowled my face in repugnance.

"Yeah, you oughta know how big it grows too huh." O'shea snapped back as he used his turn signal to make a left into my apartment complex.

There were a few kids standing out front of the apartment complex, laughing and joking with one another while an elderly lady was receiving help from a younger gentleman with her groceries. I really loved living in my environment but sometimes I do grow home sick and be tempted to move back to NY.

The people, the atmosphere was just totally different. People in Cali is just so fucking fraud it is sickening. They're all like a glitz and glamour boujee fake ass New York where bitches come out the pussy with Brazilian butt lifts and fucking lace frontals.

But it's for the best, I guess.

"Thank you" I deprecatingly said, unclicking my seat belt and reaching down to the floor to grab my Kate Spade purse.