3 | Who ya foolin'?

Attention : Long Update 🤷🏾‍♀️

E'mani

Daijah and I sat down on Jason and me California king sized bed after she shut the door. To be honest, I was ready for everyone to go home at this point.

I was tired, I didn't feel my very best and the sight of O'shea made me feel even sicker.

But it wasn't sick to the point that I wanted to vomit, it was more so nervousness. I have no clue what that's about.

If Jason didn't decide to throw this loving event for me, I'm pretty sure I'd be somewhere sleep with Blessing as the girls tore up my house and draw with Crayola crayons on my snow-white walls in my office.

As usual.

"So Wassup Daijah?" I said as I crossed my legs, resting my hands-on top of them.

Thank god I decided to shave. No one wants a woman with cave man legs walking around with this slinky, short dress that I have on.

Daijah sighed as she nervously rubbed her hands up and down her dress before taking a seat next to me on the bed.

She used her hands to smooth her edges that was already sleeked down before she fully faced me.

I raised a brow, curious as to what the hell she was about to say to me. I hope it's no bad news.

It seemed like every time she came around it had something to do with bad news and I didn't have the liveliness to deal with it.

"Sis." She started. "Look, all this shit we've been through has been on my mind like really fucking bad. It's almost like it fucking haunts me. You know?"

I just bat my eyelids as I continued to stare at her as well.

I just wanna know where the hell this is coming from, because honestly, I've been thinking about this emotional roller-coaster I've been dealing with since the premier of the movie and everything spiraling out of control.

Daijah continued, "I-I just wanna say I'm sorry. The way I've acted in the past was fucking disgusting especially 3 years ago and sometimes when we were teens. I was moving really funny."

I think my brain short circuited for a moment because it was very rare to receive an apology from her, let alone to hear Daijah apologize and mean it.

I looked at her and she looked down as she twirled her thumbs. Next, little dewdrops appeared on her dress.

"Daijah." I whispered, lifting her face to see her tears rolling down her soft, brown skin. "Why are you crying? You aint gotta cry. Yeah, you've done some funny shit but what made you apologize now?"

Daijah sniffed as she used her pointer finger to wipe away some of her tears that swelled in the ducts of her eyes.

"When we buried daddy, he made me realize that life is too short Mani. Our apology in front of daddy seemed more forced than anything. Not genuine, ya know? So, I wanted to do it sincerely. I'm sorry."