17 | Courtroom Confessions

"You okay?" I asked O'shea as I fixed his blue and grey tie.

"I'll be straight" he replied as he kissed my forehead.

We were up at the early dawn, getting ready for our appearance in court. This whole thing between Karin and Quavo was causing him grief as well as his parents. I know he didn't want the girl to get locked up but Rih is not for it. She wants the "bitch buried under the jail cell", which are her exact words.

I wore something simple, a white Chiffon Donna Karen button up and a pair of Donna Karen black dress pants, topping it off with a classic pair of Christian Louboutins. 

O'shea sported an Allen Soy grey tailored suit with a pair of Stacy Adam's. He made sure he got his hair cut and lined up the night before.

Grandma Kathie agreed to watch Blessing and Affinity while we go to court. Rih and Cube said they were going to meet us down at the courthouse 30 minutes before we were scheduled to appear.

"You ready?" I asked, grabbing my Chanel purse off the nightstand and the car keys.

O'shea nodded as we proceeded to walk out of the house and to our car. He has been staying with me and gradually been moving stuff back into the house. 

Underwear here and there, sneakers, a few shirts. I'll know its solidified when he places that Play station on my entertainment system in my living room. I didn't mind, to be honest. I'm just glad that we are actually working out this time.

We are more open to communicating and listening to each other. If one of us is upset about something; instead of blaming one another we try to get to the root of the issue and be more understanding.

I believe by both of us becoming parents, it made us more patient and receptive to listen to others and to be more compassionate.

The car ride to the courthouse was quiet. I don't know why O'shea is acting like he's going to trial for murder, especially when he didn't do anything. He has nothing to worry about in this situation. I sort of feel bad for Karin but no too much. She tried to be manipulative and seek revenge and the shit turned around on her.

That doesn't excuse what O'shea and I did.

"Why you so quiet?" I said, looking over at O'shea then back at the road.

"I don't know. I'm just in my zone for real" he simply replied, scrolling on his phone.

"Nervous or something?"

"Nah"

"You sure?"

"Yup," he said, shrugging his shoulders.