11 | Reminisce

E'mani

Downtown LA, CA 

This was the last thing I was expecting to have O'shea show up to my house looking so good. It was something about that fresh hair cut and that powder blue Polo button up he had on that made me do a double take. I can't even lie, I am happy he did come and visit me.

After that experience with Jason, my pride was crushed, and I felt like I wasn't worth anything after that. Thank god for my grandmother's because postpartum depression is not a joke. Sometimes I feel like I will have a moment, but my dad's mommy always says if I feel some way like I need a break, do not hesitate to bring Blessing over to the house.

It's been two hours since O'shea arrived and we ended up at Sushi Park on the sunset strip, not to far from Paramount Pictures Studios. We decided to sit on the roof top and O'shea ordered us a few rounds as we continued to catch up. The warm sun beamed down on my shoulders as I sipped my Long Island Iced tea with an extra shot of Hennessy.

O'shea was texting, at least so I thought by the way his hands and fingers were moving so fast across his phone screen. I adjusted my DG oversized frames on my face as I closed my eyes, enjoying this warm breeze that swept past my small frame.

"Dang who you texting?" I said with a smirk as I continued to sip on my drink.

"Man, my crazy ass momma. She bugging on me bout some damn thot juices"

"You're mom drinks that?" I laughed. "That's funny as hell. I think if my mom was here she would like those too."

"Man., She drinks them damn things like they water."

I giggled as O'shea pressed the side button to close his phone, slipping it into his pocket.

"You know you aint have to take me out right?"

O'shea shrugged. "It aint nothing Mani. I decided we can do something for a few."

"Even though I should be studying, I do appreciate this." I smiled.

O'shea smiled as he nodded his head before lickng his lips.

"Are you coming for dinner?" he asked me.

"Prolly not. I need to make sure I'm home to get Blessing when Jay return."

O'shea sipped his Corona as he looked at me. I could tell by his face expression he wanted to ask me something. I knew this kid like he was the back of my hand. I placed my cup down and scooted closer to the table.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"What you mean?" O'shea said with a confused look.

"You look like you want to ask me something."

"How I look like I wanna ask you something?" O'shea laughed before twisting his lips.

"You act as if I don't know you. We lived together at one point. I practically know ya fucking heart beat and the rhythm of it. Are you crazy? Ha-ha!"