12 | R E F O C U S

I thought i'd update since I've been neglectful AF to this book.  ENJOY ! 

Omniscient

E'mani eyes bulged out of her head as she tried to cover her naked body from what her unexpected visitor has already seen

E'mani eyes bulged out of her head as she tried to cover her naked body from what her unexpected visitor has already seen. She felt her body temperature increase, as her face turned red from pure embarrassment.

"Nana!" E'mani screamed as she jumped out of bed, wrapping the blanket around her small frame.

Nana Vanessa stood there, cradling Blessing in her arms with a raised brow. Vanessa shook her head as she diverted her eyes between O'shea and her granddaughter. As livid as she was, she expected this type of behavior from E'mani. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree. When she says that, she is referring to the same antics her late daughter would do when her and Eric was going through their infidelity escapades.

"Nah, finish up and meet me downstairs." Vanessa said, calmly as she looked at O'shea. "O'shea."

O'shea slowly looked up at Vanessa with the same look he did as a kid when he knew he was about to get in trouble. He looked down and waved before putting the pillow over his face.

"Hi Vanessa." He said, sounding muffled from the pillow being over his face.

"Mhm. You make sure you tell that lovely girlfriend of yours hello as you lay up here with my granddaughter you hear?"

Vanessa didn't wait for a response from O'shea as she exited the room, walking into Blessing's bedroom/Nursery. E'mani scurried to find a T-shirt in her cherrywood dresser draw and sweat pants before darting out the room. E'mani was embarrassed and she felt like such a slut after everything. Its one thing to be caught by your sister or friend while laying up with the next woman's man but it's a whole another level when your caught by your grandmother.

E'mani looked back at O'shea, who was now sitting up on the side of the bed as he was bending down, reaching for his Khaki's. E'mani stepped out the room and walked down the hall to her daughters' room. Entering her room made E'mani smile as she looked around at the vibrant colors that made her daughter sanctuary so welcoming, giving visitors bursts of energy and happiness.

The colors of starburst pink and Orange with stickers of Mickey and Minnie mouse floated throughout the walls. The huge ceramic bookshelf held childhood classic stories such as Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle who made the Very hungry caterpillar, which was Emani's favorite book growing up as a child. Her daddy would read that book to her every night until she got old enough to recite the book by heart and read it to Eric. Lastly, all the Arthur books and Ezra Jack Keats books as well. She wanted her daughter to grasp and enjoy reading early. There is nothing like a good book.