Chapter 2

Alana's POV:

I walk into the class room late as everyone else stares up at me wondering who I am.

"You must be Alana?" The lady asks, which I assume is the teacher.

"Yep." I say shyly.

"Ok, I'm glad you found the class. We are working in pairs on our assignments but since you're Chloe's sister you can join her group and make a three." She says with a smiles, handing me a sheet of paper and walking me over to Chloe and a blonde boy.

"Oh, she's not my sister." I say as Chloe death stares me.

I take a seat across from Chloe and the blonde boy.

"What are you doing here?" She snaps at me making the boy look up at both of us.

"Um...I do extension math. You know the nerdy subject." I say sarcastically at her making the blonde boy laugh under his breath which only angers Chloe.

"I'm Luke." He smiles looking over at me giving me a smile.

"Alana." I reply.

"Yeah, he knows who you are the teacher just introduced you to the class." Chloe snaps.

"She's just being nice." Luke says defending me.

I give him a quick smile before looking back down at my work. I honestly don't know why Chloe even chose extension math? Maybe she only chose it to be with Luke because she seems more interested in him than the works and clearly has no clue.

After class finishes and I pack my things up before leaving class and heading out into the hallway. The next thing I know Chloe and her group of friends walk past and she knocks all my books and papers over the ground before laughing and walking away.

I kneel down to collect my things as I feel a presents next to me.

"Don't worry about her, she's just jealous." The familiar husky voice says as he leans down next to me picking up a few of my things.

"Thank you." I say as he hands me my books.

"So how do you know her anyway?" He asks me.

"Unfortunately she's my Mum's, boyfriends, daughter." I sigh looking into his blue eyes.

"No kidding?" He smiles sounding happy for some reason.

"Why would I joke about that?" I reply seriously.

"Sorry, that's true. It's just that we're neighbours. You know the white house next to Gary's?" He asks excited.

"Really? Yeah the one with the trampoline right?" I reply as a smile creeps onto my face.

"Yeah that's the one." He smiles as we make our way to our next class.

"I've always wanted a trampoline." I tell him.

"Well maybe you should come over this afternoon and check it out?" He says laughing at himself.

"Sure." I reply back laughing as well.

"Well I'll see you around." Hey says before disappearing into the crowd.

The rest of my day was quite boring, it involved me trying to avoid Chloe, me sitting by myself and me walking around the school by myself trying to find my next class. Finally the bell rings at 3:00pm, I pack up my books and leave the class room. As I start walking down the footpath towards home I hear footsteps behind me getting faster and closer.

"Alana! Wait up!" A voice yells from behind me. I turn around to see Luke trying to catch up to me.

I turn around and stop walking as I wait for him to catch up to me.