Chapter 7

Alana's POV:

That morning I wake up alone and cold in my empty bed. I role over to were Luke was laying to find a note saying 'you're so cute when you snore. Meet me at my back door at 10am and you can come to band practise.' I glance down at my watch and realise it's already 9:30. I have a quick shower, do my hair and grab my phone before climbing out my window and jumping the fence to Luke's house.

"Luke?" I whisper knocking on his back door.

"Luke!" I say a little louder.

Nobody answers and lucky for me the doors open. I walking through the kitchen and up towards Luke's room I open his bedroom door without thinking and see Luke butt naked.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I half scream covering my eyes and spinning around so I face to other way.

"Haven't you heard of knocking?" He giggles.

"I did and you didn't answer." I laugh back.

"Sorry, I was in the shower." He replies as I feel the embarrassment in his voice.

"I kinda figured." I say laughing to myself.

"Alright you can turn around now." He tells me.

I turn back around and open my eyes as he pulls his shirt down his chest causing me to smile.

"So this band of yours." I say awkwardly changing the subject.

"Oh yeah. Ashton's picking us up in a couple of minutes." He replies grabbing his phone off the charger.

"Can I grab something to eat? I haven't had breakfast yet." I ask putting my hands in my pockets.

"We'll get breakfast at maccas on the way, now come on." Luke says slapping me on the bum at he runs past me.

"Get back here Mr Hemmings! How dare you!" I scream running after him.

I follow his laughing through the house and without thinking I run after him onto the front veranda. Just as we walk outside Ashton's car pulls up.

"Perfect timing." Luke says as he runs around to the back seat.

I walk out onto the road and jump into the backseat of Ashton's car, in between Luke and Michael. As he pulls out of Luke's driveway I look around our neighbourhood then over at my house.

"Shit." I say panicked under my voice as I realise that Gary was looking out his bedroom window at us.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks looking over at me.

"Nothing, just forgot money to pay for breakfast." I lie not wanting to worry him.

"Don't worry I'll pay." He says smiling at me oblivious.

"Thank you." I smile back weakly.

"What do you want to eat Alana?" Ashton asks as he pulls up at the McDonald's window.

"A mcmuffin and an orange juice please." I reply as he orders our food.

We collect our order and head for Michael's house as I pick the bacon off my mcmuffin.

"If you're not going to eat that can I?" Luke asks picking up the bacon off my wrapper and shoving it in his mouth.

"Boy you can eat!" I say looking down at his food, 6 hash browns and a mcmuffin.

"Mmmhm." He smiles up at me with his mouth full.

"You're a goober." I laugh at him poking his full cheeks.

"I'm going to have to ask the two peanuts in the backseat to stop flirting." Ashton says in a weird American accent making everyone laugh.

We finally arrive at Michael's house and walk through the front door.