Chapter 18

Alana's POV:

I open my eyes slowly adjusting to the light as I role over to face Luke. He's still sleeping and snoring lightly so I decide to go have a shower. I grab my cloths for today and a clean towel, walking into the bathroom and turning on the hot water. I sleepily undress before stepping under the warmth which starts to wake me up. I wash my hair and body before turning off the shower and drying myself off with the towel. I get dressed and walk back out into Luke's bedroom and find him still asleep. I climb back into bed and snuggle up into his body which makes him shift.

"Sorry I woke you up." I tell him realising he's now awake.

"You didn't wake me up." He replies wrapping his arms around me pulling me closer into his grip.

I stay silence for a while letting Luke to wake up.

"You ready for today?" He asks reminding me I've got to go to the police station.

"How about we just go tomorrow? They're probably really busy today." I ask trying to back out of it.

"They told Mum this morning would be the best time. You can't keep avoiding it babe." He tells me which I know is true.

"Whatever." I reply a little shitty as I unwrap his arms from me and walk out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen.

"Morning Darl." Liz greets me.

"Hey Liz." I reply grabbing a glass of water and making myself some toast.

"Will you be ready to leave soon?" She asks me kindly.

"Yep." I sigh as my toast pops.

"You are going to be fine honey." She tells me as rubbing my shoulders as she leaves the room with a coffee and a newspaper in her hands.

Shortly after that Luke walks in scratching his head and yawning, still trying to wake up.

"Your Mum said we should leave shortly." I tell him as he focuses his attention on me.

"Ok, well I'll go have a shower." He replies turning on his heels as he gives me a kiss before he heads towards the bathroom.

While Luke's in the shower I make him some toast and finish getting myself ready.

"I made you some toast." I tell him as he walks back into the kitchen.

"Thank you beautiful." He replies, giving me a kiss on the forehead and grabbing his toast from my hands.

I let out a sigh as I lean down on the counter resting my chin on my hands as I look across at Luke.

"Stop worrying babe. Nothing bad is going to happen." He tells me, reading my thoughts.

"I just wish it would all go away." I reply.

"But if you make a statement today it will only get better and make your life a heck of a lot easier." He says getting up out of his chair and walking over to me.

"I'm just scared Luke, I'm really scared." I tell him as my voice starts to shake and my bottom lip starts to quiver.

"Shhhh, please don't cry. I hate seeing you cry." He hushes me as he rushes over to me embracing me in a hug.

We stand there for a few minutes while I hold back the tears and breath in his cologne, making me feel safer by the second.

"You two ready?" Liz asks coming into the kitchen.

"You ready?" Luke asks grabbing me by my shoulder and looking into my eyes.

"Yep." I reply unsure myself if I am or not.