Chapter 8

Alana's POV:

I wake up to a throbbing eye and a massive head ache. I roll over and get up to go look in the mirror, only to find my eye all swollen and bruised. I touch it softly which only brings pain making my eye water. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bag of frozen peas placing it on my eye as I make a coffee. I glance up at the clock and it's only 8am which is lucky because Gary would still be asleep. I grab some toast before heading back to my bedroom. The rest of my day is consumed by refusing to answer my phone when Luke calls, watching movies and eating.

I jump in the shower washing my hair and body before wrapping a towel around myself and walking back out to my bedroom. I put on some underwear and a bra on before wrapping my purple dressing gown over my cold body. Suddenly the alarm on my phone goes off as it flashes that it's 5pm and I realise I've forgotten something.

"Shit." I murmur to myself as I remember Luke will be coming to get me in an hour for Ashton's party.

I grab all my makeup and scatter it over my bedroom floor in front of my mirror as I go through and try to find something that will cover up my bruised eye. I hear tapping on my window but refuse to look over not wanting Luke to see my face, slowly my window opens and I hear him climb into my room.

"How come you never called me back last night?" He asks from behind me as I stare down at my crossed legs.

"And why aren't you ready?" He asks sitting down next to me but I still refuse to face him.

"Alana, what's wrong?" He ask me as concern grows in his voice.

"I can't go out like this?" I say facing him with tears in my eyes as I reveal the purple bruise on my face.

"Oh my god Alana." He says shocked as he pulls me up to my feet looking into my eyes as he runs a finger softy over my bruise.

"I look so ugly." I say dropping my arms by my side as I turn away and look in the mirror as I single tear falls down my face.

"You look beautiful to me." He replies wiping the tear from my cheek as I smile weakly up at him.

He wraps his big arms around my body and pulls me into a hug from behind as we both look into the mirror. I can't help but admire how cute he looks and how perfectly our bodies fit together.

"You should get ready." Luke says as I watch him smile in the mirror.

"Ok." I almost whisper walking into my wardrobe.

After trying on a few things I walk out in a pair of black leather jeans, black vans and a dressy green shirt.

"Is this alright to wear?" I ask Luke looking down at my outfit.

"It's perfect." He smiles looking up at me.

"Thanks." I reply sitting back down in front of my mirror applying makeup to my eye.

"You're really good at that." Luke tells me sitting down next to me watching my every move.

"I've had lots of practice." I giggle back before finishing it off.

"Ready to get going? Mum's dropping us off." He says as I pack up the mess I've made.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I reply holding up my arms as he grabs my hands pulling me to my feet.

Luke climbs out of the window first then turns around to help me. I swing both of my legs out of the window so I'm sitting on the ledge then he grab my waist picking me up with ease and placing me gently on the ground. He keeps his hands on my waist as I look up into his eyes, he suddenly realises and let's go of me before closing the window. I follow him into his house and into his lounge room.