Chapter 20

Alana's POV:

"Alana guess what?" Mum asks excited as she rushes into the kitchen where I'm sat.

"What?" I reply hopingly.

"I just got a call from Sandra and she said I can have my old job back in Queensland!" She say excited which makes me heart break.

I stand there shocked with my mouth open not sure what to say.

"We are leaving in two days, how good is that? We get our old lives back." Mum tells me.

"But I like this life, in Sydney, with Luke." I reply calmly but I really just want to scream at her.

"Honey, you're only young. Relationships don't last at your age, look at your fathers and mine we were so in love at the time but it was just a mistake." She tells me.

"So you're saying that I'm a mistake?" I ask getting defensive.

"No, you are the best thing to ever happen to me. Young love never lasts." She says making me cringe.

"I'm not a slut like you are, I don't just jump on guys, Luke means more than you ever will to me!" I yell which echoes through the Hemmings house and making my Mum stand back shocked.

I can't stand the sight of her face anymore it literally just makes me want to punch something. I turn instantly on my heels and rush up to Luke's room knowing he's in the shower and won't be out for a while. I climb up into Luke's bed pulling the covers up over my head trying to drown out the world. Being away from Luke is the last thing I want, he's the only one who knows exactly what's happened and how I felt because he was with me for the whole ordeal. I don't even realise Luke's back in the room until I feel the blankets shift and the bed dip down. He snuggles up next to me grabbing my waist as I bury my face in his chest.

"What's wrong?" He asks sensing there's something up.

"Nothing." I reply weakly.

"It doesn't sound like nothing. You can tell me babe." He insists.

I let out a shaky sigh in reply as my lip trembles.

"It's ok to cry babe." He tells me pulling me in tighter as rubbing my back.

"I don't want to cry, I'm sick of crying. I just want to stay here, with you, forever." I admit.

"I don't really understand." He replies sort of worried.

"I'm leaving in two days." I cry going against my last comment of not to cry.

"What?" He asks almost panicked as he grabs my face in his hand to meet my eyes.

"I'm moving back to Queensland." I sob as he face drops.

"You can't." He replies sounding broken.

"I've got no choice." I cry as I watch my tears land on Luke's bare chest.

"You can't leave me." He tells me as his voice shakes.

I glance up at him and his eyes are crystallised with tears as he bites his lip ring to stop his lip from trembling.

"Luke, please don't cry." I beg because it's crushing me to see him like this.

"I'm sorry babe." He says as his bottom lip quivers.

"I just love you so much. I'm going to miss you so bad." He adds as a single tear falls from his eye.

It's the first time that I've seen Luke cry and it's honestly the worst feeling I've felt.

"I'm going to miss you too." I reply as I plant my lips onto he's.

I can feel his lips shake slightly and mine do also but the kiss is full of love and a million different emotions it seems to break us both away from reality for just a short moment. One of his tears hits my cheek causing me to break away and wipe it. We lay there just holding each other until we eventually fall asleep.

___________________

"Hey beautiful." Luke coos as I wake up.

"Hi." I reply still trying to wake up.

"I made you breakfast." He says grabbing a plate from behind him and placing it on the bed.

"Aw, you didn't have to." I tell him giving him a peck before looking down at my breakfast.

"I know, but I wanted to since it's your last full day and all." He replies sadly.

"Can we not talk about that?" I ask quietly as I look down as my crossed legs not wanting to make eye contact with Luke.

"Yep, sorry. Anyway I've got a fun day planned out." He tells me sounding excited as I pick my head back up again giving him a smile.

"I can't wait." I reply before I start to eat my breakfast.

After I eat Luke takes me plate downstairs before returning again.

"So what do you have planned?" I wonder as I get up to go find something to wear since mum and I have moved all our stuff to Luke and Liz's.

"You'll find out soon enough." He tells me as he walks over and grabs me by the waist.

He pulls me in to his body and leans in. It's kisses like this that make me sad because I know that once I move we won't be able to see each other every day which is going to kill.

"Can I pick your outfit?" He asks pulling back and resting his forehead on mine.

"Um ok?" I reply a little unsure at how it will turn out.

He picks out a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with my favourite pair of black vans and a silver necklace.

"How's this?" He asks standing up straight as he takes a few steps back over to me.

"Perfect." I reply wrapping my arms around his waist giving him a hug.