Chapter 9

Alana's POV:

"I need to go home." I whisper walking into Luke's house.

"No you're staying here, I want to make sure you're safe." He tells me firmly as he leads me through the house.

"Luke, I just want to be home." I reply trying not to cry.

"Well let me stay with you." He suggests grabbing my hands turning me to face him.

"Fine." I sigh.

"Ok, well let me go get some pyjamas and my tooth brush." He says before running off down the hallway towards his bedroom.

It's less than a minute before he returns with a small backpack.

"Come on let's go." He tells me softly as I following him to the kitchen and out the back door.

We walk across the cold grass and towards my bedroom window. Luke slides open my window as he helps me through it. He climbs in after me, closing the window and throwing his bag on the foot of my bed.

"I'm going to get changed." I whisper weakly as I walk over to my wardrobe, picking out some pyjama pants and putting them on.

I keep Luke's shirt on because his smell makes me feel safe and it just feels comfy. I walk back into my bedroom and Luke's laying on my bed on his side with his arm propping up his head as he watches my every move. I remove my makeup, revealing my bruised eye before walking over to my bed and almost falling onto it. I cuddle into Luke's warm body in attempt to make myself feel safe. The room falls silent as the memories from tonight come flooding back. I try my hardest to keep it all together but can't, I starts crying once again. As soon as I let out the first sob I feel Luke's grip tighten on me.

"Shhh. I'm right here, please don't cry." He asks.

"I need a drink." I say wiping my eyes, getting my cup and walking to the kitchen to fill it up.

I get back and sit cross legged on my bed sipping my water and fight back the tears.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Luke asks in a caring way.

"Not really." I sigh.

"It's ok, we don't have to." He replies giving me a small smile.

"Thank you Luke, thanks for everything I'm so grateful. I r-really..." I stumble on the last word.

"You really what?" He questions confused.

"I like you." I say shocking myself.

He stays silent and I automatically regret telling him.

"I shouldn't of said anything. I've just made things awkward. I'm sor..." I say before getting cut off by Luke's lips crashing into mine.

It shocks me at first but as I kiss him back I feel a smile grow on his lips. I know it sounds corny and cliche but butterflies erupt in my stomach, making me feel a mixture of nerves and need. He pulls away looking me straight in the eyes.

"I like you too." He almost whispers making me blush.

I smile up at him as a tear falls he catches it with his thumb, it's a mixture of happiness and pain. We crawl back under the covers and his arms find my waist as he pulls me closer to his body. I smile at his actions, replaying our kiss in my head.

"Goodnight beautiful." He says placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight Luke." I reply smiling like crazy.

_________________

I wake up to the sun peaking through my bedroom window as it shines in my face. I let out a groan as I rub my eyes and yawn. When I finally open my eyes I almost jump as I see Luke sitting on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed.