Prologue: Empty

(Hello readers! This is a new fanfiction that I decided to spend more time on writing and plotting out. I also changed my style a bit. I hope these changes end up making my works better! I tried to make the end of the prologue funny.)

-------------

Izaya Orihara, the self proclaimed god, was feeling too human for his liking as he winced in pain from his wounds. He clenched his fists as he thought about the high probability of dying.

He looked at his two companions as they were the only thing he could observe in the situation. He noticed that Manami had no reaction to his wound but she did react with a smirk whenever he showed that he was hurting.

Kine had kept a neutral expression as he drove, not caring about Izaya or the girl in the backseat that was enjoying his suffering. He just wanted to leave Izaya with the doctor and let nature decide the informant's fate.

Izaya himself didn't even know why he was observing the two, he didn't feel the joy he usually got when watching his beloved humans. It was like a switch flipped in his brain and observing humans didn't entertain him anymore.

-------------

Izaya sighed and tried to focus on staying awake, he knew he would have less of a chance of surviving if he let himself fall asleep. He saw his reflection in the rear view mirror and mentally cringed.

'I do not look like a god.' He thought to himself, but for some reason he didn't care about looking like a god anymore. He didn't care about his humans, about observing, about anything other than staying alive.

Izaya Orihara, for the first time in his life, felt empty.

-------------
[In Ikebukuro]

Mikado was lying in his hospital bed talking with Anri and Masaomi when he had heard the news. Kadota and his group came to visit him to inform the trio on what happened.

"Orihara was stabbed and is most likely dead." Kadota told them grimly, even if Izaya was a liar and manipulative, he was still a human being.

Masaomi cheered, "I say good riddance to that manipulative jerk!" He got mixed reactions, Mikado and Anri didn't react, the others nodded in agreement, and Erika pouted. 'Erika shouldn't have felt bad for Izaya' Walker thought.

"Erika why do you seem upset about him dying? He hurt a bunch of people for his own satisfaction or boredom." He stated what everyone already knew.

"But now he and Shizuo can't get together!" She cried out in despair.

-Sky