Chapter 29: Shizuo

-------------

Shizuo groaned as he sat up in bed. He rubbed his eyes and waited as they adjusted to the light. Once he was somewhat awake, he got out of bed and made his way to his kitchen. He checked the fridge for something to eat for breakfast, all he could find was milk and fruit.

He poured himself a glass of milk and drank it as he looked in the pantry for food. You'd think the ex bartender would know what food he had but he never really payed attention to how much food he had left. He decided to just go to a restaurant for breakfast.

He walked around Ikebukuro, he was used to being able to smell the flea since he now lived in the city. He groaned, just thinking about Izaya made Shizuo angry. He couldn't control the years of anger that he held against the informant, even if he was trying to become a better person. He couldn't exactly change his emotions that quickly, no matter how much he tried.

He sighed as he found himself in front of Russia Sushi. Of course. He walked in and was greeted by Simon. "Hey Simon. It's just me today."

"I see I see. We have new type of sushi, would you like to try it?" Simon was as kind as ever, having a constant smile on his face.

Shizuo forced a smile onto his face as he sat down. "Sure, I'm sure it'll be great." He knew he probably wouldn't like it, bitter flavors weren't exactly his thing but he'd suck it up for his friend. He pulled out his phone and lazily scrolled through the various social media platforms, he wasn't the type to post but he liked keeping tabs on the city to know what was going on.

'Omg I saw Izaya Orihara the other day. I didn't believe the news until I heard Heiwajima scream 'IIIIIZAAAYAAAA-KUUUUUN'. I ran away as fast as I could'

---> I saw them too! It was so scary!

---> Shizuo flew right past me and my friends, I thought I was gonna die!

There were many similar posts popping up and all Shizuo could do was groan. Did anyone have anything better to talk about? He only chased Izaya because he ran off! It wasn't his fault that the informamt wouldn't hear him out. He put his phone down before it got crushed, he didn't trust his own strength.

"Wow! I didn't expect you here!"

Shizuo looked up to see who entered and was face to face with Sakura. "Hi?"

"What a friendly reaction, would it kill you to smile?" The doctor pouted and took a seat across from Shizuo. "I'm glad I ran into you, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What did you want to talk about?" He had developed a good friendship with Sakura but it was a bit difficult to understand what was going through her head.

The underground doctor smiled, he did not like what intentions her smile held. "I just wanna pry into your love life a bit~ also my therapy talents increased since I met Izaya so I want to also help with your anger issues!"

-------------

Shinra was woken up early in the morning by a frantic knock on his door. He groaned and got mad that his precious sleep was interrupted but still went to greet whoever decided to wake him up at 5am. "Sakura? You're early-"

"Hide me!"

"What?"

"No time to explain!" The female doctor ran into the apartment and locked the door as fast as possible. "Phew, I should be safe for about 5 seconds."