Chapter 2: Change

-------------
[A Week Later]

Sakura walked into the room Izaya was staying in. "Iza! Since your wounds are mostly healed you don't need to stay in this ratty old place!" She said cheerily.

Izaya nodded in acknowledgment. "Okay. Where will I stay now?" He asked, knowing he couldn't go back to his apartment near Ikebukuro. He also took note that Sakura dyed her hair from blonde to a blue ombre.

"Well. I went to your apartment last night and got your clothes and laptop. I set them up in the spare bedroom I have in my apartment. You'll be staying with me until you get a new job." She replied excitedly.

"Okay. Let me eat and we'll head there." He said boredly, not knowing why the underground doctor was so happy all the time. Sakura nodded and brought him oatmeal with strawberries.

Izaya wouldn't admit it, but he liked the taste of the meals Sakura made him. Even simple oatmeal tasted good when she made it, he assumed it was because she wanted to make her patients enjoy something while healing.

After he finished eating and got dressed, the pair headed out and to Izaya's new home. Sakura was humming along to the song playing on the radio while Izaya did his writing. He was already on the second page of the day when they got to the apartment.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Sakura announced as she opened the door to an obviously expensive apartment.

It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a decent sized kitchen, a spacious living room, and an office. The office was probably for Sakura's medical files and work forms.

"So Iza, your room is right next to the bathroom, across from the office. You can go organize and stuff while I start making lunch." The doctor said, placing her lab coat on the coat rack.

Izaya nodded and went into the room. The closet was full of his clothes, the bed was pre-made, and there was a desk with his laptop on it, as well as some of his important files.

'I should get a new laptop so nobody can track me down.' He thought as he arranged the room how he wanted it. He grabbed the laptop and walked to the kitchen where Sakura was.

"Sakura, I should print the files on this laptop then get a new one. In case any old 'friends' decide to drop by." He informed her. She nodded and continued cooking.

"Let's go shopping after lunch. Go print your files with the printer here. I was going to replace it anyways." She told him, smiling like usual. Izaya did as he was told.

"Lunch is ready!" Sakura announced as Izaya finished printing his files. He put them away and sat at the table with Sakura. She had made tomato soup and grilled cheese.

"Are you American?" Izaya asked after taking a bite of his grilled cheese sandwich. She nodded.

"I was raised by my mom in America. She was American and my dad was Japanese. I came to Japan after I graduated High School." She explained.

Izaya hummed in acknowledgement and the two finished eating in silence. After eating they headed out to go shopping, Izaya in a disguise just in case. They threw the old laptop and printer into a dumpster after smashing them.

-------------

Sakura dragged Izaya into a hair salon, "Iza! You need a new look!" She exclaimed, gaining the attention of a couple stylists and customers.