Chapter 21: Loneliness

-------------

Izaya sat alone in his apartment, typing on his computer. He had fun with his humans. Humans were interesting to play with, even though Izaya was able to predict the actions of most of his humans. That was one reason that he liked messing with Shizuo so much, that monster always did the unexpected.

He sighed and twirled around in his chair. Waiting was boring. He gasped as an idea hit him. "I'll call Namie, she'll be so happy to hear from me!" He laughed and dialed her number, she would be so surprised. Maybe he could manipulate her into working for him, or he could bribe her. One or the other.

The phone rang a few times before Namie picked up. She blabbled on some professional introduction before stopping when she heard the very familiar laugh. "Namie if I didn't know you, I'd think you were a competent woman!" He almost fell out of his chair while laughing.

"What do you want?" She wasn't surprised to be hearing from him. She expected a call sooner or later when she heard that he was back.

Izaya pouted even though she couldn't see it. "So cruel, is that how you treat an old friend? I'm hurt."

"Just get to the point already. I don't have time for this." She was ready to hand up on him.

"Geez, why so serious? Don't you wanna know how I survived? I thought you'd be more happy to hear from me."

"Get to the point or I'm hanging up."

"Okay okay! You're no fun. I wanted to know if you would be willing to take your old job back. I can increase the pay you used to get and I'll minimize your work. It's boring without anyone here to make fun of me." He wa obviously lying, but he wasn't lying about being bored. He wanted some company, even if all she would do is insult him.

"Getting paid to do less work and make fun of you? It's a tempting offer. I suppose you have dirt on me though, so I don't think I have a choice, do I?" She didn't sound amused, honestly from her voice alone it was hard for him to figure out what she was feeling. She got better at hiding her emotions.

He laughed and spun in his chair. "Of course I do, what kind of informant would I be if I didn't? I also still remember how you tried to murder your brother's beloved girlfriend. You even kissed her, disgusting." He pretended to gag.

"Oh shut up. I'll do it. When do you want me to start and did you take back your old place?" She sounded bored. Izaya became frustrated since he couldn't tell what kind of face she was making.

"Yep! You can start on Monday. See you then." He smiled and hung up. He stretched in his seat before standing up and looking around the trashed apartment. "I better fix this place up and unpack."

He slaved around for hours fixing the apartment and unpacking. His rubbed his arms which were still weak. "Stupid Shizu-chan...."

Before he knew it, tears were streaming down his face.

-------------

"Izaya went offline. That means he's probably busy. Let's check to see if he went back to our apartments to get the rest of his stuff." Sakura started up the car again and they drove off.

Celty talked to Yuu so he wouldn't worry so much. She had fun chatting with the boy, she was rather fond of him. She was mad at Izaya for making this boy go through all of this. "Aunt Celty, can I stay with you and mister Shinra if we don't find papa?"

Shizuo frowned at that, he would have taken the kid in if he asked. "Hey kiddo, I'm sure Shinra would want privacy with Celty. You know they are all lovey dovey."

Yuu gagged. "Ewwww. Nevermind, papa Shizuo can I stay with you then? Maybe papa will come to visit us!"

Celty was going to say yes to Yuu but Shizuo beat her to it. Shizuo smirked at her and she would have glared at him if she could. 'No fair, I wanted to watch him! He's so cuuuute!' She typed.

Shizuo shrugged. "Too bad, the kid is mine now. Besides, if I do catch the flea, I can say I have his kid and maybe that will make him actually talk to me instead of run away."

Yuu nodded when Shizuo mentioned Izaya. "Yea yea! Papa might come back to see me and papa Shizuo!"

'Yuu-chan, why do you call him papa Shizuo?' Celty typed. Shizuo could see the screen and his eyes widened. He seemed to just remember that Celty didn't know about his relationship with the flea.

Celty would have smirked or laughed when she saw Shizuo's reaction. "Oh! Papa and papa Shizuo were going to be my dads! But papa started being weird and ran away...." He sniffled, fighting back tears.

"Don't worry about that idiot, he'll come back to us soon. We'll find him and bring him back if he refuses." Sakura sounded angry but hid it behind a smile.

"Yea! Papa Shizuo is strong enough to carry him!" Yuu seemed to bounce back from his sadness pretty quickly.

Celty's shoulders shook, Shizuo and Sakura assumed she was laughing but couldn't really tell. Sometimes lacking a head was a hindrance but she chose to live without her head. 'Izaya can't have gotten far. According to Sakura, his legs are weak and his arms are too.' She typed.

"Yeah, that would be my fault. I would apologize but I feel like he deserved it at the time." Sakura glared at Shizuo. "But I will apologize when we find him. If he really has changed then I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it."

Only time would tell though. Did Izaya really change? Shizuo didn't know. If he was being honest with himself, he really hoped Izaya had changed.

He wanted to apologize and start over. He was in love with the guy before he realized who he was, maybe he could fall in love with the real Izaya this time.

[Sorry for such a short chapter! Next chapter will have actual plot though so please bear with me! The group actually will find Izaya but will he be happy to see them? Who knows? Oh wait, I do! See you next week!]

-Sky