Chapter 19: Izaya

(A/N Idk why but in that photo he looks like he's tired or sad.)

-------------

Izaya stopped in his tracks when he heard that familiar voice. 'Why the hell is Shizu-chan here?!' He quickly hid in a nearby bush and tried to see where the voice came from.

He tapped his finger on his leg as he thought. 'He must be in another bush since I can't see him, but why would he be in one in the first place?' He looked up at the building and saw that the light to his apartment was on.

Izaya wondered if the landlord was able to re-sell the apartment that quickly. Especially since it belonged to Izaya Orihara, who everyone believed was dead.

He could make out multiple shadows through the window, it was strange, they seemed to be arguing. He smiled to himself, he could use this against someone if he got more information.

He crept around the side of the building, not wanting to be seen by Shizuo who was definitely hiding behind a bush. He luckily still knew where the back entrance was and made his way inside that way.

Izaya made his way up the steps. He made practically no sound as he approached his apartment. He leaned against the door and listened to what was going on.

"I find it hard to believe, but it's his handwriting..." Was that Anri's voice? What was she doing there? He kept listening to the conversation.

"I told you so! You should believe me, I'm not like him, I wouldn't ever lie to you guys." Izaya recognized that voice, but he didn't remember where he had heard it before.

He heard typing, who was typing? He kept listening to see where the conversation would go. "See?! Celty knows that I'm right!" The person sounded like a proud child. More typing.

"How dare you! You filthy Dullahan!" Izaya heard a smack and without thinking, he ran inside. Heads turned. Anri, Celty, and Manami were the ones he recognized. He turned and saw someone he didn't remember.

They all seemed shocked, but Celty recovered first, typing as fast as possible. 'Izaya! What are you doing here? Where are Sakura and Yuu?' Only Izaya could read what she typed, and he didn't like what he read.

"I...just came back for my stuff. Those two are back at home, the little one is probably fast asleep by now." He usually felt bad when he lied, but the lie just came out so naturally. He felt, happy. Happy to be back, the apartment brought back memories.

He almost forgot about the other three people in the room. "Izaya...?" Anri's eyes were red, Saika was just itching to slash him for once. Manami was on the floor, staring at him in shock. Izaya may have had the same outfit and hair, but he seemed different.

The unknown person just giggled creepily. The laugh itself sent chills down Izaya's spine but he forced a smile on his face when he turned toward her. "Don't you know that breaking and entering is illegal?"

-------------

Shizuo was ready to fight someone, first this "Chihiro" shows up and now the flea?! The day couldn't get any worse. He wanted to keep his mind off of it all, he wanted to just forget it happened, but it did. Now Izaya was there too!

Saki looked at Shizuo worried. She had already called Kida and he was on his way with Mikado, but she was concerned about how this would all turn out. Shizuo seemed really shaken by it all.