Chapter 23: Locked

[Previously]

"I think Shizu-chan can answer that one." Izaya said before walking into his room with Yuu, locking the door behind him.

"Well now what do we do?"

"I'm gonna break the door down."

"Shizuo no!"

-------------

"Shizuo yes!" The blond began making his way to the door, ready to break it down with a single punch.

"Wait Shizuo!" Shira yelled.

Shizuo groaned. "He's not gonna come out if we don't break it down."

Celty would have sighed if she was able to. She had her shadows hold Shizuo back. 'We have to think about how Izaya feels. He probably isn't ready to talk to us right now. Yuu said he was acting weird so maybe Sakura can tell us what happened.'

Shizuo sighed and relented. "Fine. Hey, stupid girl doctor, what the hell happened with the flea?"

"One, I'm not stupid, two, I'm surprised you don't already know." Sakura didn't like Shizuo. She tolerated him for Izaya's sake but she didn't think he was healthy to be around. "He was taken to me after his fight with you. His legs and arms are weak because of it. At first he wanted me to just let him die but I convinced him to live."

"He wanted to WHAT?" Shinra was shocked and concerned. That happened while everyone in Ikebukuro was celebrating Izaya being 'dead'. He didn't celebrate that part but he knew everyone was happy that they didn't have to suffer at his hands anymore.

Sakura smiled sadly. "Yeah. He had lost all his emotions so he didn't see any point to living...."

The group listened closely as Sakura explained everything that happened up to that point, including the relationship between the flea and brute. Shinra was the only one who didn't know about it at that point so he was the only one surprised when Sakura revealed that fact.

"-and now we're here. He probably wants to protect us and feels guilty about tricking you guys and making me and Yuu cry."

"Well then how are we supposed to get him to come out?" Shizuo said, still fighting against the restraints Celty had on him. "Let me out of these, I'm not gonna break anything."

'Promise?' Celty was skeptical.

"I promise. Geez...."

Celty still didn't believe him but compiled anyways. She could always trap him with her shadows if he were to try anything. "Finally."

Sakura giggled. "You can't blame Celty for not trusting you. You break stuff a lot. There's a reason the whole town is scared of you."

"I've improved!"

"Suuuure."

Shinra laughed at the interaction between the two. Celty would have laughed too, thought he shoulder still shook as she did her best attempts at laughing. "You guys are bickering like an old married couple."

"I'M GAY!" The two yelled in unison.

Sakura and Shizuo looked at each other and laughed. "So your type is short, childish, and bug-like?" The female doctor teased.

"What about you? I saw the way you looked at Erika. Are you into insane chicks?"

"She's adorable! But I respect her strange relationship with Walker. Those two are too cute for me to be a homewrecker. I'll have to search the lands for another insane fangirl to love." Sakura put a hand over her heart and fell backwards onto the couch.

Shizuo stared blankly at her. "You're weird, no wonder you and the flea are friends."

"Speaking of. Do you still like him?"

"...maybe..."

They didn't know that said flea was listening to every word of their conversation.

-------------

Yuu did not expect his dad to carry him into the room and lock them inside. "Papa? Why are we hiding in your room?"

"I don't want to talk to any of them right now. Can we just play some games for a while before we go back out? I'll set a timer so you can tell me when to leave."

"Really? Are you gonna make up with papa Shizuo when the timer beeps?"

Izaya smiled. "Maybe. If he wants to make up then sure. I can't stay away from you guys so I might as well, right?"

Yuu frowned. "Are you still gonna do the bad job? Isn't it mean and dangerous?"

"No no, I won't be mean. It can be dangerous but your papa is smart and fast and strong." Izaya stood up and jumped onto the bed. "Nobody can beat me!"

Yuu laughed and jumped up on the bed with Izaya. He jumped on the bed while Izaya jumped and let himself fall onto the bed. Yuu's bouncing sent him up and down though. The pair laughed for a bit before hearing parts of the conversation the group outside was having.

They snuck over to the door and pressed their ears to the door. They laughed when they made eye contact and heard some of the jokes being said. "Sakura nee-chan is funny. I wish I could hear Aunt Celty talk though."

Izaya frowned. "You don't need to hear her voice to love her, right? She's perfect just the way she is. She doesn't need to talk to convey her feelings."

Yuu smiled. "Yeah! I can just hug her and she will know I love her. I'll give her and Sakura and mister Shinra and papa Shizuo lots of hugs when we go out there!"

"We can have a big hug party when that happens." Izaya laughed and continued to listen to the group. "Sakura is telling them how you and I met. I hope she knows how much I loved you before I even adopted you."

Yuu hugged his father. "It's okay if she doesn't know that because I know you love me! That's all that matters right?"

Izaya hugged him back and leaned against the door, Yuu was in his lap at that point. "Right. You are such a smart boy. How was I lucky enough to meet you?"

"I'm the lucky one! If you didn't become my papa then I would still be at the orphanage. Maybe I wouldn't have been anyones kid!" Yuu began to tear up at the mere thought of not being with Izaya.

"Aw, it's okay. You don't need to worry about any of that. All that matters is that we're here, together."

Yuu smiled and closed his eyes, beginning to fall asleep. "Yeah...."

[Sorry for the short chapter! I promise the next one will be normal length, this chapter is just setting up for what's to come. I hope you enjoyed it anyways! See you all next week.]

-Sky