Chapter 15: Downhill

[Quick note: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT ON THIS FIC!]

-------------

Izaya immediately hopped off of the couch, pulling Yuu with him. He winced in pain from the burn marks on his feet but limped over to Sakura, who quickly picked up Yuu and hid Izaya behind her back.

Shinra was too shocked to speak, he hoped that it was a coincidence at first but when Iza ran over to Sakura he knew that Iza was Izaya. If he wasn't then he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.

Izaya looked like he was panicking, his breathing was heavy and he looked like he was terrified of everything. Yuu could sense his fathers fear but was unable to comfort him since Sakura was holding him.

The bodyguard stayed still on the couch, not wanting to believe it. He refused to believe that Iza was the stupid flea he had wanted to kill, he didn't want Iza to end up being the one person he almost did kill.

Sakura glanced around the room, she was hoping that at least Shinra or Celty would be on their side. She knew that Shinra missed Izaya so maybe he would help convince Shizuo that he changed.

Celty was still processing the information, but when she did finally come to her senses she walked over to Sakura. When she moved she saw Izaya flinch, as if he was expecting to be hit by whoever moved.

The dullahan couldn't handle seeing Izaya like that and placed a hand on his shoulder before typing, she could tell that Sakura was relieved when she didn't show any anger.

'Izaya-kun, it's you right?' She showed the PA to Izaya and saw him nod faintly.

She typed again, 'It was boring without you'

That sentence earned an Izaya-like laugh from the burned male. "I'm sure you guys wish I stayed dead... but this stupid doctor won't let me die" He pointed a quivering finger at Sakura, who gave an awkward laugh.

"It's really Izaya..." Shinra said in shock, silent tears streaming down his face. "B-but how? Shizuo should have made you unable to walk, not to mention that your arm injuries would have stopped most use of them, leaving you weak..." He mumbled.

Izaya nodded, "M-my arms are weak. You guys came because my arms couldn't handle carrying a pot" He reminded the doctors on why they were at Izaya's apartment in the first place.

"Oh my gosh your arms!" Sakura ran into Izaya's room with Yuu while Izaya followed close behind. Sakura locked the door behind them just in case. "I need to check your arms, then I'll look at the burns" She said, opening her medical kit.

While Sakura was wrapping his arms he decided to ask her something. "Shizu-chan hates me now... right? You saw his face... I wouldn't be surprised if he killed me"

Yuu pouted. "No papa! He can't hate you, you two were supposed to be my papa's forever" He whined.

"I'm still your papa Yuu-chan"

"I don't want to lose papa Shizuo" Yuu said, hugging Izaya, teary eyed.

"Me too..."

-------------

Saki was frustrated, Shizuo and Celty weren't replying to her texts. After a few minutes of waiting she texted Kida to ask if he knew where they were.