Chapter 5: Moving

-------------
[1 Year Later]

Izaya walked into his room and fell onto his bed. He was tired from being yelled at by Sakura and his editor. 'Why did I agree to Sakura's idea? This is exhausting.' He thought.

[Flashback]

"You want me to WHAT?!" Izaya asked the seemingly insane woman in front of him.

"Become a mangaka! You're really good with your writing nowadays and Yuu-chan loves your art!" Sakura replied, dialing a number on her phone.

"What are you doing?" Izaya asked.

"Hush, I'm on the phone." She told him, leaving the room.

Izaya rolled his eyes and went to his computer, he decided to pay a visit to the group chat while waiting for Sakura to finish whatever she was doing.

A few minutes later Sakura walked back into the room, humming a tune. She seemed proud of herself.

"Iza, you have a week to draw characters and come up with a basic plot for a manga! If my editor friend likes it then you've got yourself a job at her publishing company." She announced.

Izaya almost fell out of his chair. "You can't be serious? You actually want me to go through with it?"

Sakura nodded, "Her company is very well known and all the mangas she's worked on ended up as best sellers. You could make a good profit from it!"

The ex-informant sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Fine. But if it doesn't work out then I get to choose something else."

The doctor smiled and nodded excitedly. She knew Izaya would come up with something great, and with a well known editor he would instantly become popular.

She left out an important detail though. The publishing company was located in Ikebukuro.

[End of Flashback]

Izaya sighed and went to his desk. "Maybe I should add Celty as a character...? Or would that make it easy to tell I'm basing the manga off of them?" He mumbled to himself, beginning to draw the character he had in mind.

Sakura was in the other room packing her and Izaya's belongings. They were moving to Ikebukuro so Izaya could visit the office easily and so Sakura could get more work.

Surprisingly, it was Izaya's idea to move. He wanted easy access to the company he was working for so he didn't have to travel around too much. He already adopted Yuu but let him stay at the orphanage until it was time to leave.

Sakura sold the building she worked in, which gave her enough money to be able to rent two different apartments. Yuu and Izaya in one, and herself in the other. They already got the apartments and all they had to do was move in.

Izaya walked out of his room, where everything except his desk was packed. "Sakura, I'm going to take the car and pick up Yuu! We can finish packing and get on the road afterwards." He said.

Sakura looked up from the boxes she was filling. "Okay Iza! I hope Yuu doesn't mind moving to Ikebukuro." She said before he left.